Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 473 Posts

·
Desert Rose
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hakla-DI Khan motorway groundbreaking today
May 17, 2016
ISLAMABAD:- Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Shariperform the ground breaking of Hakla-Dera Ismail Khan Motorway today at D.I.Khan, said the NHA officials yesterday. This project is an important part of Western Route of China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) that stands among the priorities of the government, they said. The 285 km-long Hakla-D.I.Khan Motorway will be completed in two years at a cost of more than Rs142 billion. From D.I. Khan, this motorway will be linked up with Mughalkot in Balochistan.

The project is divided into 5-packages. Passing through Pindi Ghep, Sawan, Mianwali, Rokhri, Rehmani Khel, the Motorway will terminate at Yarik (D.I.Khan). The alignment of motorway passes through developing areas and its construction will generate new employment opportunities. Availability of high-speed transportation will pave way for improvement of health and education sectors as well, and local produces will easily be taken to the big markets. The objective of the CPEC is to promote trade ties with neighboring countries Central Asian States and South Asian countries, which will ultimately prepare the ground to make Pakistan a trade hub in this whole region, the NHA believes.

Published in The Nation newspaper on 17-May-2016

·
Desert Rose
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
TO REMOVE CONTROVERSY OVER WESTERN ROUTE PM LAUNCHED THIS PROJECT.

In a bid to remove controversy over western route under the $46 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) once and for all, the Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (Ecnec) under chairmanship of Finance Minister Ishaq Dar on Friday approved construction of motorway from Burhan/Hakla to DI Khan at the rationalised cost of Rs124.208 billion against earlier estimated cost of Rs129 billion

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Mian Saab doesn't understand the difference between Route and Corridor.

Ok great there is this motorway which will be very beneficial to the locals to travel on. But this will not be a CPEC corridor where all the good will drive through. He purposely creates these CONTROVERSY'S! Just stop linking every project to CPEC!

·
Desert Rose
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Route information
Length: 280 km (170 mi)
Cost: 1.5 Billions $
Duration 2 years

Project description
The new motorway will consist of 11 interchanges, 74 culverts, and 3 major bridges .It will have reserved right of ways flanking either side of the motorway in order to allow for widening of the road to a 6-lane motorway in the future.

Total costs for the project are expected to be $1.05 billion,with 90% of the project's cost to be funded by the Government of china.
The Hakla-Dera Ismail Khan road will be completed by June 2018.

Governor Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Iqbal Zaffar Jhagra, Mulana Fazlur Rehman and other leaders will accompany the Prime Minister on the occasion.

The four-lane expressway orMotorway is part of western route of China Pakistan Economic Corridor and will be completed at a cost of over Rs129.8 billion in two years.

The project which includes construction of several bridges and interchanges will link the undeveloped areas of Punjab and Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa with the CPEC road network.

It will also bring enormous economic benefits to the less developed parts of the country.

·
Desert Rose
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Molana Fazal rehman is very clever politicians Now He is taking the credits for Di khan motorway for cpec.
He favour Pm Ns but in return He take the following projects from Ns government

1. Hakla D.I. Khan Motorway
2. Gas Pipeline for D.I. Khan
3. Agriculture University to be build in D.I Khan
4. Airport For ATR flights for Domestic and International
5. Chashma right Bank Canal

·
Indus Priest King
7,585 Posts
It would be easier if they just numbered all the motorways and expressways like before. What a mess they've made this into. Jesus Christ.

·
Indus Priest King
7,585 Posts
The northern terminus seems to be confusing. There are still 3 proposals.

First was Brahma Bathar, which is smack in the middle between M-1/E-35 Hazara Expressway interchange and M1-M2/Islamabad Link Road Interchange.

Now Hakla is being proposed as the northern terminus, which is 2 kilometers north of the M1-M2/Islamabad Link Road interchange.

I really don't get what they're doing. Would it not make sense to have the northern terminus with M1/E-35 Expressway Interchange at Hasan Abdal?

·
Registered
Daska | Lahore | Glasgow | London
1,040 Posts
^^ they are not constructing an interchange at this point as there is no way they can cross motorway through hills south of Attock without expansive tunnel, so they are pushing motorway to east so they can use less hilly terrain near Fateh Jang.

to be precise its Kala Chitta Range and only point they can cross it is near Shah pur dam, on west its too wide and high and on east it in use for other stuff. So from that point to M2 shortest route will do.

Reactions: Intoxication

·
12,519 Posts
Yes it is under construction. NHA has divided this motorway in 5 sections and work has started on 4 of them. Contractors details are posted on previous pages.

There are no "previous pages" on this thread :nuts:

May be on some other threads....if so, please post the pictures here. Haven't seen any activity (or even signboard) on the motorway where this might link so I cannot be sure if work has started or not.

·
Road Traveler
1,481 Posts
There are no "previous pages" on this thread :nuts:

May be on some other threads....if so, please post the pictures here. Haven't seen any activity (or even signboard) on the motorway where this might link so I cannot be sure if work has started or not.
Oh! mixed the threads. Anyways here you go. NLC is contractor of section starting from DI Khan side. These pics are of 16 july.

Details were posted in Highways and Expressways thread i guess. Anyway i will post them again here today.

1 - 20 of 473 Posts