SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Purvciems 3 - my home

3294 Views 28 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Jape
Here are few new pics from my home block - Purvciems 3

This corner has something important for me ... when I was a child I and some friends played war around this places ... good ol` times
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
@ NS77
Well said, I agree wholeheartly.

Hybrid 87 said:
That`s my mission ;) to show the real Riga ;)

Too bad there aren`t more photographers that show such thing from their cities :(
Well, there are those here at S&B from each country. You just need to look around a bit. :) How close is Purvciems 3 from the downtown?
Purvciems from 12th floor - it`s nice. You can see other parts of the city, landmarks and forests too.
Actually I don't the exact border of Purvciems 3 ... in Soviet times most of the disctricts in Riga were divided in several parts acoording to the stage it was built ... Purvciems 3 is the last part of Purvciems ... so it's the news ... but here is a map of downtown and the red border could be from Purvciems 3

And some more pics of Spring in Purvciems 3

Oberleutnant said:
How close is Purvciems 3 from the downtown?
what a depressing place..I thought there are no more such regions in Baltics:(
alonso, I can show you some such districts not only in undeveloped, depressing Latvia but somewhere outside it too.
these "compassionate" remarks sometimes are so funny
Thank you for the spring photos, hybrid! I'm so happy that spring has come to Riga. :)
And again something new:

My school
Did you really think that all Latvians live in Riga Old Town's renovated old houses?

Thanks for photos Hybrid though these grey apartments were not a surprise to me.
_alonso_ said:
what a depressing place..I thought there are no more such regions in Baltics:(
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.