SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 281 Posts

·
Proud warmonger
3,142 Posts
^^ Ugly towers????

Those IMO are some of the finest residential blocks I have seen. :cheers:
Completely agree :yes: especially since the residents do not pay a cent to live in them. Here an apartment like that 2 bedroom would cost around $500.000 which is an absolute rip off

·
Registered
944 Posts
Oh, they look very elegant during the day. At night they are lit up like a Las Vegas slot machine. I think the pictures were removed from this thread. To stay on topic, the Ryugyong Hotel lighting scheme may be similar. I am afraid they will take a very nice looking building and turn it into a flashing alien probe!

·
read lightship chronicles
3,104 Posts

·
Banned
1,775 Posts
I don't get it. How could they have built all those new towers in less than two years, while the pyramid is still not finished even after 20 years. Something just does not add up here. :bash:
The pyramid was U/C for the last few years.

·
Live from the sky!
3,193 Posts
I don't get it. How could they have built all those new towers in less than two years, while the pyramid is still not finished even after 20 years. Something just does not add up here. :bash:
Because those were hard years for Korea and that tower was put on hold. Now that it gets a little better, the pyramid tower is getting finished as we speak and new towers pop up. Nothing weird about it actually?

·
Redsigert User
11,953 Posts
Afaik the "pyramid" lost it's original purpose years ago, it supposed to be a hub for foreign investment , there were also plans to co-host the Olympics together with the South anyway today it's only practical use it's antena that serves their heavily limited cellphone network and the facade is just a bonus. Even when finished it will remain empty inside.

As for the Mansudae it's not bad but not great either, too postmodern if you ask me and the tops are in bad taste. I prefer some older districts with more modernist architecture.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Who knows. Perhaps they imported Chinese architects & engineers, who have a lot more expertise in hi-rises, for the more recent construction.

If they did, its not like they's publicize it.

1 - 20 of 281 Posts