SkyscraperCity banner

2541 - 2560 of 5736 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
oh wow... i really want to visit North Korea. the fact that they are in some form of deluded dream world makes me want to go

the last 2 pages lack pictures... mods... fix this lol

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Staring at the World
587 Posts
I hope they pick up the Chinese style of Communism and progress like China did.

·
Livin Dubai
33 Posts
330 meters divided by 105 floors = 3.14 meters per floor. Of course not completely accurate depending on how floors are counted. But, comparing to other supertalls, I have never seen a meters/floors ratio to be less than 4 meters per floor.
Is the floor count of this building really accurate? Or maybe it is taller than has been stated??

·
32,083 Posts
^^ Not necessarily. Most of the buildings with that ratio are either office towers that generally have taller floors, and (usually) towers with roof features and spires.

Plus, of course, the North Koreans are short, and have been even shorter in mid-80s when the building was designed, plus if there is no central air conditioning on it ...

I have lived for 17 years on a commie block. The floors were less then 3 meters high.

·
Super Genius
953 Posts
In communist appartments floors are usually 2,6 m high (from floor to ceiling). However, this building was intended to be a hotel, but obviously lower floors were made.

·
Registered
936 Posts
plus if there is no central air conditioning on it ...
Can there be such a thing as a supertall without air conditioning? Look at the heatwave that hit Moscow last year. Any skyscraper would have been like an oven inside without it.

I was on the 64th floor of the Omni hotel in Atlanta Georgia last summer and the A/C could barely keep up when the sun was shining on that side of the building.

http://cdn.content.compendiumblog.com/uploads/user/ab04c84c-11a5-40cf-a34e-fd5aba218b07/4e6bd0ca-5014-45a4-8570-39f3e09c9b12/Image/9bc3001cd3a825e4cb4bb2ee7714a373.JPG

·
ARCHITECT
1,505 Posts
they can afford to buy cranes etc but not wrecking cranes? and talking about space, imagine if a guy sledge hammers a person behind him!

·
Always looking up
1,817 Posts
You've gotta be kidding me ! They're demolishing it by hand ?
The funny part is there are 8 or 10 cranes parked it in the street not being used.

·
Redsigert User
12,000 Posts
I suppose they might want to recycle some of the material, all the while employing some of its people.
Really odd sight.
I guess they want to recycle everything they can in their economical situation but I wonder why are they demolishing seemingly perfectly fine buildings and the only answer I can think of is that they want to build something much higher in their place :dunno:

2541 - 2560 of 5736 Posts