SkyscraperCity Forum banner
3781 - 3800 of 5757 Posts

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,079 Posts
Despite the negative rumor, have to admit, on its own, it is a very impressive looking building.

·
Registered
946 Posts
It looks like there is another structure being built behind the lower wall (the one with the red sign) because I think I see columns with rebar sticking up above it, and two cranes. Entrance gates?

·
Real Horrorshow
23,644 Posts
Notice the landscaping on front of the building is complete or at least nearly completed. All that's left to do is tear down the other wall and landscape the outer section and complete whatever those rebar columns belong to. I think the entrance glass is still not installed,(implying that interior work is still ongoing) and the dome looks like it is still in progress. There is also a tall ornament that is yet to be placed on top of the dome.

Does anybody here read Korean? If so, what does the red sign say?

·
Registered
4 Posts
These were sent to me today by the tour company I went to North Korea with. Very reputable and reliable www.koryotours.com

They say in their email and I quote "On Sept 23rd Koryo Tours' staff were taken to the top of the enigmatic and oddly iconic 105 storey Ryugyong Hotel in Pyongyang - we were the first foreigners allowed to take pictures there and are able to print a handful of shots of the ground floor and the open air viewing platform more than 300 metres up.

The view was incredible and breathtaking indeed! The inside of the building still has substantial work to be done but the structure of the lobby and dining area and conference room (all on the ground floor) were visible, sources at the site suggest 2 or 3 more years until projected completion at which time hotel rooms, office space, and long term rentals will be available.

Until then the memories of a view over Pyongyang that many have imagined but few have experienced remain with us. As soon as the building can be occupied we will of course offer tours staying there - stay tuned for further info that we'll beam from the top of the tower!"

·
Premium Member
38,019 Posts
Oh my god, those pics are incredible and priceless :eek:

·
Bicycle Rider
3,389 Posts
Wow, amazing foto-story...

I wonder how much money it must be pumped to this building to start basic functionality?

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,079 Posts
Very impressive photos, It makes us understand the internal more.

I hope more to come soon.

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,079 Posts

·
Super Genius
957 Posts
Obviously there were works on making structure stronger. Seems that all stories about unstable structure start to fall into water. :nocrook:

·
CarlosRedDragon
1,854 Posts
#3789 and 3790

Yeah....
Wow...
great picture!!

3781 - 3800 of 5757 Posts