SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally ventured up to the Q1 observation deck yesterday. The views are spectacular for sure - photos don't do them justice. Anyway, here's a quick sample....

Cafe looked nice but I didn't have enough cash to bother checking it out

How about that spire...!

Reflections are a nuisance. The best time for photos is probably midday in December, with the sun directly above.

The beloved burbs. This is a small bit out of a panorama here - dialuppers need not apply

Circle on Cavill U/C - the north tower will reach almost to eye level. Southport in the distance. I zoomed right in trying to spot Brisbane but unfortunately it's hidden behind the hills.

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts

Will Q1 building manager remove that metallic plackard saying "Q1 World's Tallest Residential Tower" when Dubai towers are completed?

·
Registered
76,989 Posts
^ yes, eventually . it will be a few years yet miliux. maybe 2008/9 at earliest before any are opened in dubai. most are still holes.
GREAT PHOTOS DEFEC! crystal clear

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
CULWULLA said:
^ yes, eventually . it will be a few years yet miliux. maybe 2008/9 at earliest before any are opened in dubai. most are still holes.
GREAT PHOTOS DEFEC! crystal clear
Well they better not have bolted that plackard firmly on the ground. :D

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
Grollo said:
They just have to add the words 'on completion' :)
They didn't leave a gap between the phrase and the smaller bold print. :D

They'll follow these pattern.

World's Tallest Residential Tower
World's Tallest Residential Tower outside Dubai.
Tallest Residential Tower in Southern Hemisphere
Australia's Tallest Residential Tower
Queensland's Tallest Residential Tower
Gold Coast's Tallest Residential Tower
Southern Surfer's Paradise's Tallest Residential Tower

"Q1 Is Tall"

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
When glancing over the index of this sub-forum and finding the theme , I am guessing that this thread must be super ... For sure , the view on Q1 deck is absolutely stunning and amazing ! Q1 - a landmark over gold coast , is impressive , hope to visit it one day .

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^ Yeah it's worth checking out, even for $16.50.

Miliux - tallest multi-section tapered spire on Clifford St odd numbers?

Deejayt - the shots I posted are the least reflective ones. Some were so bad that my mug was showing. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
great pics defec

its a superbly designed deck a real sense of light and space

i think i would be staring out to the ocean for about an hour
a sunrise would be amazing

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have the same problem with reflections Defec, it won't matter much what time of day. As long as there's anything illuminated behind you you'll get reflections, and the way the deck's designed, that's just about everywhere. i suggest building some apparatus to carry a black curtain behind you wherever you go, or maybe just try peeking through the curtains in the cinema on the upper floor, it's pretty dark.

·
Registered
76,989 Posts
Sydney tower has some allocated windows so there is no reflectivity. they have a small camera sticker on them so you know which one to take a snap thru.

you can see them in pic. there a bit lighter then other ones.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Seems I told a half-truth... with contrast tweaked this pic reveals the blurred outlines of Aurora and Riparian peeking over the hills, barely visible towards the right of screen.

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Top pix! Great view up there, and a nice ambience as well when there in person. How good would it be to own a top floor apartment and look out at that view every day.

·
New Urbanist
5,529 Posts
^^ Great Ob deck! Can't wait for Visions! hopefully Vision's ob deck will be a bit more interactive with info on the directions of things...and I wonder if you could see Vision when it is built...exciting... :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts