SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Qatari woman in marriage plea

THE Qatari Marriage Committee has rejected an appeal from a Qatari woman for marrying a Lebanese man, a local Arabic daily has said.

"They have been trying for two years to get the approval of the committee at the Interior Ministry," the report said. The committee has not given any reason for the rejection of the application.

While the woman is 42 years old, the man is only 28. She is lonely and has no one to support her, as her parents and brothers all are dead.

According to the report she lives alone in the family house on the outskirts of the city.

The woman told the daily that her suitor was a gentleman and she had visited his family in Doha. "We have also undergone the necessary pre-marital medical tests, and made some arrangements for the marriage itself."

She told the paper that she was not rich enough to presume that her fiance was after her wealth.

"I have approached the National Human Rights Committee, and also consulted a lawyer," she said.

The Lebanese man said he wanted to marry the woman because he and his family loved her and she has no one else.

"I am a businessman and am capable of looking after her. I am ready to wait," he told the daily.

Both have rejected the idea marrying outside Qatar, the report added.

·
Son of the cedars
7,958 Posts
They really can do this?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately yes... They cant understand love is blind and knows no boundries. Also the percentage of Qatari women who are not married is increasing--and there is absolutely no reason in the world for the Committe to reject their plead.

·
Son of the cedars
7,958 Posts
Yes,sure there's no reason.Hope this will change soon.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm sure a Qatari man would have NO problem getting a marriage like that to work out!! DOUBLE STANDARDS!!!!
question: couldnt they just get married in leb? and if they did, would Qatar recognize the marriage?

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lebgurl said:
I'm sure a Qatari man would have NO problem getting a marriage like that to work out!! DOUBLE STANDARDS!!!!
question: couldnt they just get married in leb? and if they did, would Qatar recognize the marriage?

You're wrong, sometimes a Qatari man will not be permitted to marry from outside his country in order to increase marriage rates between Qatari women, too. There are wierd laws like that.

·
Registered
245 Posts
wow that sucks! maybe they should consider getting married in cyprus. its very easy there. or even just in lebanon.
i wonder why they refuse to get married outside of qatar.

so those who are from qatar..you have to have a commitee agree on a marriage even if your family already does?

·
Registered
85 Posts
wow
how can u live with this kind of law
its enough pissing that in countries like lebanon or kuwait if a muslim girl wants to marry a non muslim man she has to do it outside the country
but now even this :S:S:S:S:S:S
qaraf yiqrif hal 3onsoriya el qathra

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^^A Muslim girl cant marry a non-Muslim man even in the moon, 7abeeby!! Or else she will become kafra. its 7aram!

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The guy is MUSLIM but DEVIL MIND says that its strange a Muslim woman cant marry a non-Muslim. No Qatari woman in her right mind would marry a non-Muslim.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i know lots of muslim women married to non muslim guys
they do it in europe and come back
im not talking about 7aram wila 7alal
its the people's choice period
no one is allowed to decide for them
you want to call them kafra its up to u
but ure not allowed to not let her
you cant go on controlling people's life its getting sicker and sicker

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^^^ I am sure that there are, but I am sure you dont know any Qatari woman who did that. But, these women cant be called Muslims anymore. Everything is allowed in europe nowadays, so I wouldn't be surprised. And its not up to me to call them kufra, the whole Muslim community thinks so.

·
Smile :)
2,148 Posts
american or greek its not about the nationalty its about the religion. even if she did marry him then she is kafra its not a law its religion
but that is not tha case here, they should accept the Marriage its unfair

1 - 20 of 63 Posts