Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
honestly im heartbroken to see this, destroying qeshm. its said to see random modern buildings bein erected everywhere in iran.

qeshm was a perfect place to make a proper traditional looking town/city, like bodrum in turkey or even someting like santorini

i guess that dream for qeshm will never come tru as long as they build these useless garbage buildings

well the building isnt that bad but its good for tehran not qeshm

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
^^
yes but modern and traditional can go perfectly togheter, just look at Cairo or even Dubai you have the modern areas but on the other side you got the old town :)
yea but the thing is qeshm is soo small that "modern" will make it look bad

dubai is huge yea, so it works. but qeshm is small, its has small towns. cairo is massive. the fusion and modern should take place in large cities not small traditional towns.

search santorini or even a fairly large city like palermo, in google images, will building a glass building make those places look nice???

·
Golfo_Persico
2,374 Posts
^^
yeah ok but qeshm, I'm sorry to say this but it's a underdeveloped place...
it needs modern infrastructure, if it would be only traditional it would make the island boring but now we can make it have diversity in architecture, also Qeshm is infact not that small it's a big Island though :)

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
i know its underdeveloped,

and yea qeshm is afarely large island but it has a few small towns villages.

and having a proper infastructure does not mean building ugly glas buildings that dont match anything in the environment!! again, look at palermo, a city with modern infastrcuture and no issues (transportation, economy etc) but it looks perfectly traditional!! shouldnt we built out cities like that? rather than some wannabe modern mish mash that has nothing to do with our identity??? dont get me wrong, modern arhcitecture is nice, but its good for large cities, not towns with 200,00o and less population

·
Golfo_Persico
2,374 Posts
i know its underdeveloped,

and yea qeshm is afarely large island but it has a few small towns villages.

and having a proper infastructure does not mean building ugly glas buildings that dont match anything in the environment!! again, look at palermo, a city with modern infastrcuture and no issues (transportation, economy etc) but it looks perfectly traditional!! shouldnt we built out cities like that? rather than some wannabe modern mish mash that has nothing to do with our identity??? dont get me wrong, modern arhcitecture is nice, but its good for large cities, not towns with 200,00o and less population
yes, but look Queshm is a tax free zone...so it would never be just towns or oldish, I think they are making it like Kish somehow which is good, instead they should build the traditional cities on the main land, and look at kish it's very small but it's very modern and is very beautiful :)

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
yes, but look Queshm is a tax free zone...so it would never be just towns or oldish, I think they are making it like Kish somehow which is good, instead they should build the traditional cities on the main land, and look at kish it's very small but it's very modern and is very beautiful :)
kish is kish, a resort town, something like vegas, qeshm has a longer historical existance, and yes it can look "oldish" if people invest wisely, again, ask yourself, why is europe so beautiful and so succesfull in making billions of dollars ? why is it that the world represents city beauty with images of european towns?? is it because they erect random glass buildings out of every spot they find? or is it because they keep the old with the old, and make some new parts with glass towers.

i know what u mean, but there is no need to persist on making our cities into blocks of "modernis" (taze unesham dorost ke modern nemisazan)

i might sound really annoying :) but trust me its better to build the city like a proper persian city rather than glass buildings. kish is the place for the glass buildings, let qeshm develope in a "sonnati" style. again just look at small european towns.

or even if theyy wanto build modern, they dont build nice modern, they build tacky stuff. fine, let qeshm be modern, but make it look like a nice modern place, like full of buildings like the valencia train station or burj al arab, not these tacky startrech things

1 - 15 of 15 Posts