Last year, the progress of Qingdao metro was limited only on line 2. But in this year, I hope we could hear some better news. Those are—
1) Line 1 is planned to open in this year. It will be the most important line, because it will connect the both side of the bay, under the water, and by this the connection of line 13 will happen with rest of the lines.
2) Line 7 is also planned to open in this year. It will connect the tram network with rest of the lines.
3) I heard line 1 will temporarily run along one of the sections of Line 7, from Xingguo Road station to Dongguozhuang station. How it is possible? So will there a common section of line 1 & 7? And what will be the permanent section of line 1?
I don’t know what will be the future of Qingdao tram, the metro line 7 extension, or the tram route extension up to Changyang rail station. Please post a map with some details.
In the mean time I heard two interesting news—
1) I read that the present line is the first of three planned routes serving the Chenyang district on the northern side of Jiaozhou bay, northwest of the city center. How will be the future network? Could anyone post a map with future routes?
2) Part of the route has been fitted with 750 V DC overhead electrification, but elsewhere the trams are powered by hydrogen fuel cells. The fuel tank can be recharged in around 3 min. I never heard it before. Please explain.
A forum community dedicated to skyscrapers, towers, highrises, construction, and city planning enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about structures, styles, reviews, scale, transportation, skylines, architecture, and more!