SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Design-wise it isn't horrible, but this is an utter waste of the site - 118mRL and approximately 32,000sq m of office space !!!

The current submission, found here, also gives an idea of the upgrade to the building next door and it should certainly look better in future (though I'll miss the clock).

·
7,972 Posts
OMG!! WTF is this shit!!!

First of all, they've got some nerve removing the clock.

Secondly, why does short ass piece of shit designed tower have to soak up 32,000sq/m of office space. This better not effect any big developments around town.

Brisbane so often promises great things, but more often that not we end up getting the raw end of the deal with disgraceful pieces of junk like this.

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
1.) It's short
2.) It's ugly
3.) It soaks up office supply

And where is the damn clock?

And what is with the WTC looking grey facade?

On the positive side i don't see this affecting office supply too much, even with the new developments coming online things are barely keeping pace.

But it's a waste of good site and can be sumed up in one word

Mediocrity.

Oh well looks like we got both ends of the spectrum going up in the next few years, beautiful tallies like Vision and ES, and ugly shorties like this:p

·
QUEENSLANDER!!!
2,560 Posts
:mad2: OMG the clock i didnt notice it gone. it is a landmark of brizzy. arseholes.

the tower is an improvement on the site but it isnt all that flash and will date really quickly.

other comments - brisbane is delivering on good projects - Vision, ES, Emerald, Bris Sq, 400 George. No one can tell me that theyre bad

·
Yeah but No!!
1,503 Posts
Yeah the design is a bit boring, and even with the shadowing issues for KGS I would have thought they could have gone higher than that, 150 would have been good for that site. I wonder if it has anything to do with Suncorp likely needing more space eventually?

·
New Urbanist
5,526 Posts
This is absolute shit!! Its a bloody disaster!! FCUK!!! That looks like something that would be built in the 70's! And the CLOCK! I LOVE THAT! I HATE THIS DEVELOPMENT!! HELLO!!! WE ARE IN THE 21st CENTURY!! where's the screens...ahhh shit...

This looks like lego...and something that would be demolished now to be replaced by something!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Right. I think we need a city wide petition to keep the clock. when ya staggering around the city after a big night, how the hell else are you goin to tell the friggen time? The stupid litttle hands on ya watch ain't big enough. You need giant 30ft illumination dammit..... I'm going to cry now.....

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Leesome said:
Right. I think we need a city wide petition to keep the clock. when ya staggering around the city after a big night, how the hell else are you goin to tell the friggen time? The stupid litttle hands on ya watch ain't big enough. You need giant 30ft illumination dammit..... I'm going to cry now.....

He speaks truth.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Change is good, but we need a nice clock. Not everybody wears or likes watches and its a hastle getting a phone out of your pants and looking at in the dark or bright day sunlight. :p Personally i DO LIKE how they are refurbing the old tower and integrating it.

·
6,435 Posts
Wow! Did anyone know this was coming?

The design looks alright to me. No prizes for guessing the architect - I see the old Suncorp tower is going to be emblazoned with the standard Cottee Parker cross. I get 94.7m for the height Orfeo? I see they new tower is exactly the same RL height as the old tower:

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Yep, a rare misfire by Cottee, must have too many people working on 480 Queen Street;)

The most annoying thing is the absence of the clock, the rest you can forgive.

·
QUEENSLANDER!!!
2,560 Posts
SoulvisionQ1 said:
This is absolute shit!! Its a bloody disaster!! FCUK!!! That looks like something that would be built in the 70's! And the CLOCK! I LOVE THAT! I HATE THIS DEVELOPMENT!! HELLO!!! WE ARE IN THE 21st CENTURY!! where's the screens...ahhh shit...

This looks like lego...and something that would be demolished now to be replaced by something!
i think if u look closer there are actually shades

1 - 20 of 269 Posts