SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was up near the site today, and walked past. There was a surveyor on site taking measurements and what not..

Good sign that things are happening.

Update for anyone who doesnt know or has forgotten:

Seymor Tower
Located at 545 Queen street
Height - 156m
Floors – 46

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the white hexagonal (or octagonal) building with the spire similar to 111 goerge

·
QUEENSLANDER!!!
2,560 Posts
Not a fan of this design. Surely architects can come up with something better than this box. i reckon that in a coupla years, this building will look totally out of date like all the scrapers of the 80's and early 90's era on the gold coast.

at least it adds something to the skyline

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it may be good or bad. We honestly cant know until we see a far better render.

Yes mike theyre nocking mot everything in that area down for all these towers

·
6,434 Posts
Still not approved according to the our Brisbane site.

The way the market is going at the moment I guess the Millhouse IAG Building will be around for a while yet... which is good - I kind of like it.

·
SteV
157 Posts
It just looks like another boring apartment building. While development in Brisbane is great, I think we should start being a little more choosey as to the type of buildings that are constructed now in the ever-decreasing CBD land space.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I don't like skyscrapers that look okay from one side but look ugly from the other side. Many apartment towers in Brisabne tend to be like that unfortunately. I suspect this tower is one of them...

·
Registered
298 Posts
SteV said:
It just looks like another boring apartment building. While development in Brisbane is great, I think we should start being a little more choosey as to the type of buildings that are constructed now in the ever-decreasing CBD land space.
I agree. For this reason I'm secretly hoping this one doesn't go ahead.

·
Registered
76,965 Posts
looks like a mini 110 george st.
hey is that on emporis?

·
6,434 Posts
^No its not Cul - and that 111 George-esque spire would take it to well over 35m wouldn't it.

·
i've changed my mind
3,849 Posts
it looks stupid for such a short building to have a big roof feature on it like that.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Has this been approved by the Council?

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
This building is rubbish.

It's like the architect got the brief, went and photocopied the skyline tower, stretched it a bit and said 'right lads I'm off to the pub'.

I mean there are NO features on that tower, not even a roof feature, or a spire.

What's worse it's at a 'whatever' level of height.

Brisbane deserves better. This is borderline a commie block!

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lmao @ description.

Honestly id prefer a different decent design.

Maybe Emerald can be made larger and built on this site.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts