Status
Not open for further replies.
501 - 520 of 637 Posts

·
Registered
80,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #504 ·
wow, looks c00l! tops defec/.
I was going to say welcome to the 250m club, but Sydney hasnt got an official height listed as 250m+ only an antenna atop GPT which reached 254m.
(A spire has no function but to look pretty. A mast has a function, it assists in communications.Riparians is definatley a mast.but having said that, these days its getting harder to define if t should be included in overall height.)
Now that the mast is up, it looks like its part of Riparians design.not sure what it would be like without it.
just on the lights, it might take a while before its lite up at night.but i reckon the aviation beacon should be up soon. we dont want any planes smashing into it.
just think, the mast is currently higher then Q1.(by 5m.)
cheers

·
Registered Yooser
1,456 Posts
I thought the same thing as you malt, coming in to Bowen Hills on the train...but on closer inspection it was the crane...so theres still hope that the spire might have some nice lighting.

·
i've changed my mind
3,896 Posts
CULWULLA said:
wow, looks c00l! tops defec/.
I was going to say welcome to the 250m club, but Sydney hasnt got an official height listed as 250m+ only an antenna atop GPT which reached 254m.
(A spire has no function but to look pretty. A mast has a function, it assists in communications.Riparians is definatley a mast.but having said that, these days its getting harder to define if t should be included in overall height.)
Now that the mast is up, it looks like its part of Riparians design.not sure what it would be like without it.
just on the lights, it might take a while before its lite up at night.but i reckon the aviation beacon should be up soon. we dont want any planes smashing into it.
just think, the mast is currently higher then Q1.(by 5m.)
cheers
So riparian will hold the tallest building in queensland title briefly?!

·
Registered
80,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #508 ·
^yes,lol
also Riparians pole is now 2nd tallest structure in QLD,only the 274m MIM chimney in MT ISa is higher.It surpassed the 230m chimney at Callide today to become no2.Also surpassed the 219m mast at Dolby.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Q1 is cheating its way to become Queensland's first >300m structure too, don't forget ;)

I like Riparian's spire, though probably for no really fantastic reason. Rialto it ain't, but Riparian has its own charm and I'm quite happy with it. :)

·
Live and Let Build
810 Posts
I'm happy with it too.

And in answer to CUL's question about them putting the spire segments up early in the morning (a couple of pages ago lol) - yes they do, I was going to work about 6:15am walking across the Victoria Bridge one morning and actually watched them put a bit up - was great getting to see that!

·
Go Ahead.....Make My Day!
5,666 Posts
^^^

hehehe ! i cant stop laughing ! i knew i would get my arse kicked , but,.... in all seriousness, if only u guys knew i was only doing it just to get a reaction from u all ! ( Mission accomplished obviously !) :bleh:

PS~ The full height of the spire actually makes it look 1/2 decent now! :rock:
I just hate Harry Seidler's designs thats all !

cheers

lozza :grouphug:

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,882 Posts
^ lol.

Im glad the design is broken up inot 3 parts.
It makes it better than any other Seidler building yet. (not so bland)

The carpark looks great lol (at night) I saw it on 9 news again, and its glowing bright.
Hope they keep it like that (and light the rest of the building up well)

That way it will look decent at day time, and amazing at night. (or they could disapoint us and light it up crappily lol)

·
Insert text here:
1,228 Posts
^ I don't mind it being in 3 parts, It took a little bit for me to get used to, but it's all good now :p As for the lighting, I wonder if the top of the building or spire will be lit up

Edit : Because I have found that most residential structures arnt lit up at night, and in this case with riparian the top half is res :(

·
Go Ahead.....Make My Day!
5,666 Posts
i am sure riparian will look great at night ! :rock:

i am in brisbane in 2 months time, so we will all have to get together on the river somewhere and admire riparian ey ! hehe ! :rock:

cheers

lozza

·
Registered
80,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #520 ·
^ well the top 10 or so floors are resi, so the residents lights will be on and off. so it will have checked look which is ok. im pretty sure harry would of thought about lighting the mast.

501 - 520 of 637 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.