Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last couple of years, the Qld Govt owned Queensland Motorways (Gateway Bridge, Logan Mwy) has dramatically increased its external marketing expenditure (ads) with ongoing campaigns for the public to take up their e-toll product.

Here's the rub, when the NSBT opens, RCM will have its own 'e-tag' like product and whilst the QM e-toll tags will work, its (likely) they'll be slugged with an admin fee for being from a different provider as is the case in southern states with different tolling operators.

My thought is that all the motorists conned into buying a QM 'e-tag' will feel rather annoyed and cranky (as voters) towards the Qld Govt for not explaining this important point to them (yes, yes, despite it being in the fine print).

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Here's the rub, when the NSBT opens, RCM will have its own 'e-tag' like product and whilst the QM e-toll tags will work, its (likely) they'll be slugged with an admin fee for being from a different provider as is the case in southern states with different tolling operators.
Of the half dozen NSW e-toll tag types, none have admin fees for other tolls roads in NSW or interstate. Transurban still charges administrative feeds when using Citylink tags interstate, as far as I know, though.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of the half dozen NSW e-toll tag types, none have admin fees for other tolls roads in NSW or interstate. Transurban still charges administrative feeds when using Citylink tags interstate, as far as I know, though.
That's the problem, I'm concerned by QML's clause 20 in their 'E toll terms and conditions'. It's rather ambiguous and extra charges could easily be levied,

·
Former Member
1,227 Posts
That's the problem, I'm concerned by QML's clause 20 in their 'E toll terms and conditions'. It's rather ambiguous and extra charges could easily be levied,
Now why would it be in QML's interests to charge additional fees on its tags and potentially lose customers to RCM...?

I think you're worrying about nothing. There will be little, if any, difference between the tags offered by both companies. And if there are differences, it will be additional features (e.g. ability to use your etag to pay for food at fast food drive thrus), not additional fees.

To be honest I think a separate company should be established which issues tags and collects tolls on behalf all toll road operators in SEQ -- a toll road authority. Queensland Motorways already is a toll road authority for SEQ, but then Council and their PPPs came along and screwed that up...

Trent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts