SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a beautiful day to take a stroll in Philadelphia. The nicest day of 2005. Sunny with temps in the mid 60's. We had just gotten through a series of heavy rain storms causing massive flooding. Anyways hope you like the photos.

English Village--22nd + St.James

24th + Panama

St.Peters Way-- 4th + Pine

3rd + American

18th + Walnut

Back of Art Museum looking down at Boathouse Row + Schuylkill River

New Cira Centre almost finished

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great photos. My favorite is this little hamlet. Thats a great place to live. Also a friend told me that on a clear day you can see the skyline of NYC in the Philadlephia Hot air Zoo Baloon . Is that true or just an urban legend? Isn't that the zoo baloon in the second picture below?

English Village--22nd + St.James

Back of Art Museum looking down at Boathouse Row + Schuylkill River

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for nice comments guys/gals.

Philadweller hopefully we'll cross paths one day , you can give me some tips as I'm just starting out in photography. One thing I otice is that you take a lot of people/ city pictures. I was out yesterday down around Rittenhouse and it was a mob scene it was a photographers dream but for some reason I can't do close ups of people, they look at me like I'm a stalker or private investigator or something.

What's the trick?

Anyways here's one more that I didn't have time to load from yesterday.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
philadweller said:
the trick... turn your camera backwards and pretend that you are shooting in the other direction.

Good plan. Very devious.

Unfortunately I'm out in the suburbs (delco) but I love coming into the city. Hopefully soon I will moving into the city.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Great... just as I begin losing my hope in American cities again, you surprise me like this and cause me to want to go to Philadelphia! AHHHHHH its awesome

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.