One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Beautiful shots Quantum! :cheers:
Thanks, DP! This was my first treatment of an area outside of South Florida. A friend of mine on Facebook did the HDR work because he likes working with my stuff.

DSC_0245 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0232 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0227 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0431 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0233 by QuantumX, on Flickr

CSC_0401 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0242 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0410 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0419 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0411 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0291 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0286 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0299 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0389 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0384 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0209 by QuantumX, on Flickr

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Nice pics indeed! Maybe someday you could take some pics of our Nations Capitol. You definitely have a good eye with your photography.

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Lost in the Big Apple
1,981 Posts
Wow, nice thread. Some of the more beautiful pictures of Chicago. I see some cranes in a couple of pictures. Nice to see construction going on in the city

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Wow, nice thread. Some of the more beautiful pictures of Chicago.
I narrowed my photos down into a list of the top ten below. It was an extremely difficult task!

Standouts for me in particular were the John Hancock Center from Ohio Street Beach, The Magnificant Mile from the John Hancock Center both day and night, and the vistas of the Trump tower from both the street and looking up the river.

The angle looking up the Chicago River with the Trump tower at the end was another shocker for me. I didn't even know that perspective existed. It is an absolutely stunning vista! When I go out shooting, it is much like a fishing trip. Some people angle for fish; I fish for angles. That was the catch of the day!:):cheers:

DSC_0232 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0227 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0419 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0411 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0314 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0440 by QuantumX, on Flickr

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Very cool pics :cool:

I hope you enjoyed your visit!

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very cool pics :cool:

I hope you enjoyed your visit!
Oh, I thoroughly enjoyed my visit! Chicago had a much more relaxed, laid back, and easy-going feeling to me than I expected, not as hectic, intense, and overbearing as New York.

This shot below I plan to make into a 24 x 36 framed enlargement one day. I love the perspective. It's a different capture from what I've seen before, and that is what I always strive to do. Show a city in a way that it's never been seen before. I try to scope out the rarely seen angle or perspective and put my own spin on area.

DSC_0245 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0220 by QuantumX, on Flickr

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow
:drool:
Thanks! That whole area there where The Magnificant Mile meets the Chicago River is stunning, particularly with the historic architecture and the Chicago River walk. I particularly enjoyed the walk along the river past the Chicago Burger Company and the fountain and then all the boats in the river, tour boats and locals just out enjoying the weekend.

The angle looking up the Chicago River with the Trump tower at the end was another shocker for me. I didn't even know that perspective existed. It is an absolutely stunning vista! When I go out shooting, it is much like a fishing trip. Some people angle for fish; I fish for angles. That was the catch of the day!:):cheers:

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
That first photo in post number 9 is an excellent angle! Good job! :applause:

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That first photo in post number 9 is an excellent angle! Good job! :applause:
Oh, thank you! I'm not real big on people shots. Don't really like shooting people, but I love incorporating them into a great architectural shot, like these for example.

DSC_0314 by QuantumX, on Flickr

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I love the lighting on Prudential 2! I think it's the best anywhere! I used to think this was the AT&T tower and one of Chicago's five supertalls. I was very disappointed to find out it wasn't. Why couldn't they have tacked ten more feet onto that spire? I'll never understand things like that, a building being just a few feet from being a supertall and they don't go for it!

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
No offense, but ease off the HDR stuff. Yuck.

Great shots though. Next time you should mingle in the neighborhoods. :-D Downtown is just the tip of the iceberg.

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No offense, but ease off the HDR stuff. Yuck.

Great shots though.
There really isn't that much HDR stuff here. I'm really not a big fan of HDR. A friend of mine on Facebook did the HDR treatments because he likes working with my stuff. I didn't even ask him to do it. I included the HDR treatments here because a lot of people do like HDR and those are the people I was thinking of. Not my own personal taste. Here are some of the photos without the HDR treatment.

DSC_0319 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0296 by QuantumX, on Flickr

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 35 Posts