One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great, very nice photos from New York, Quantum :cheers:
Thanks, Christos! I'm still building the thread, and I have a ways to go. The New York moderator JohnFlint1985 was my host, and he showed me more of New York in one day than most people would see in a month. I got a lot out of this trip because of him, and I think I was able to do the city justice in one weekend.

DSC_0067 by QuantumX, on Flickr

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^I think Bank of America world headquarters is my favorite building.

DSC_0062 by QuantumX, on Flickr

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Heading over to Brooklyn

Great shots mate! :eek:kay:
Thanks!

Are you sure that is their world headquarters? I thought they were based in Charlotte, NC.
Wow! Looks like you're right. Thanks for the clarification. I thought they had moved their headquarters there.

DSC_0082 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0086 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0087 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0088 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0089 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0090 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0091 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0092 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0094 by QuantumX, on Flickr

CSC_0172 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0097 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0096 by QuantumX, on Flickr

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Room with a view!

Way to go Q!

This is our boy from south Florida. Representing Miami! Woohooo :cheers:
It's nice to get some support from the Miami forum in here. Our group doesn't seem to move around much to other parts of the website.

DSC_0175 by QuantumX, on Flickr

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
Just terrific work, Q, and I'm so glad you had a good time in the big town! Wish I had known...it's just 90 miles from here.

A lot of those shots really capture the essence of just how NEW much of the Manhattan skyline really is. It' been dramatically altered in recent years and continues to evolve.

I'm going up again next week (mostly around Brooklyn) and never tire of the place.

Again, GREAT stuff my friend! :cheers::cheers:

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Just terrific work, Q, and I'm so glad you had a good time in the big town! Wish I had known...it's just 90 miles from here.

A lot of those shots really capture the essence of just how NEW much of the Manhattan skyline really is. It' been dramatically altered in recent years and continues to evolve.

I'm going up again next week (mostly around Brooklyn) and never tire of the place.

Again, GREAT stuff my friend! :cheers::cheers:
Thanks, Spell! I thought of you, but I had already made arrangements to tour the place with JohnFlint1985 of the New York forum and wasn't sure how I would divide my time between the two of you in one short weekend. Yes, New York continues to evolve. Just when I think the city couldn't be any more than it already is, it finds a way to become more than it is.

CSC_0251 by QuantumX, on Flickr

CSC_0253 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0239 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0243 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0242 by QuantumX, on Flickr

CSC_0261 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0229 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0228 by QuantumX, on Flickr

CSC_0311 by QuantumX, on Flickr

CSC_0259 by QuantumX, on Flickr

CSC_0258 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0245 by QuantumX, on Flickr

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Parting Shot!

I hadn't planned to be flying out of La Guardia last Sunday evening. The NYC Airporter that would have gotten me to JFK on time was full by the time I got to the stop. I had to take the next one and missed my check-in time by the time I got to the JFK. I missed the last flight to Miami leaving JFK that day. I went to the American Airlines resolution desk and there was a flight for Miami leaving out of La Guardia at 8:00 pm. I was placed on standby. NYC Airporter took me over to La Guardia at no extra charge.

It was kind of a treat because I had never been to La Guardia before and didn't know you could see Manhattan from there. By the time we were ready to board, there were 15 people on standby, but I was number one on the list. The flight was late and we stood on the runway for a good hour before takeoff because La Guardia was so backed up, but after takeoff, we took a flight path where we circled around and flew right over Manhattan. I had never seen Manhattan lit up at night from the air. That was real treat! Time Square was as bright as a forest fire!

DSC_0250 by QuantumX, on Flickr

1 - 20 of 53 Posts