SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
'In Calgary it is illegal to smoke on a patio... you must go inside the bar to do that.'

Wow! They sure are backwards hicks! :O

·
Administrator
79,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^ But it is not really a big deal here, as people are pretty much used to the idea already... the shock will be greater in Quebec.
I am not a smoker, but I do not mind smoke in a bar. I figure it is all part of being an adult and choosing to go to a drinking establishment. However, the nice thing is your clothes don't stink the next morning and you don't cough and hack as if you had been smoking yourself. It will be weird to be in a bar in Montreal without smoke. I am completely happy that smoking in restaurants will be outlawed... I just hate eating a nice meal and having someone turn their head and blow their smoke at you so as not to blow it
on their guest. Uggh.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's how it is in Nova Scotia already

·
www.mtlurb.com
2,159 Posts
big shock? not really, people have seen this coming for a while now and some have been complaining about why we're so late about this.

Anyhow, I'm glad that this era is over, in clubs and bars, this was the most annoying thing to me honestly, especially when the club wasn't ventilated enough.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Yes! Can't wait! Now I do not have to smell like a smoker once I get home!

·
Registered
258 Posts
as a non smoker working in a bar, im damn relieved they've caught up to the rest of the world here...it was pretty funny to see people having a silent vigil at 11:50pm...

·
www.mtlurb.com
2,159 Posts
it felt soooooo good yesterday when i went to a local bar, damn, i didn't smell like shit when getting out.

as a bonus, you get to watch all the hotties at once because they all stand at the door sucking on those cancer sticks :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts