Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,555 Posts
The Quebec City City Hall has state that with the opening of the new Videotron Centre last year, the old Quebec Coliseum will, in fact, be demolished in the near future. There is currently no timetable for its demolition, though. This according to an article on LifeinQuebec.com from February 2015.

I wonder how the Quebec Coliseum already being gone will affect a future Quebec City Winter Olympics bid.

·
Registered
35,093 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I would really like to see the World Championship in Quebec, as long, as the NHL isn't there.

I think it's even better, when the Championship is held in only one town, like in Minsk 2014 for example.
And with two great arenas and an absolutely hockey loveing population, Quebec-City would be great for this tournament.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
The Quebec City City Hall has state that with the opening of the new Videotron Centre last year, the old Quebec Coliseum will, in fact, be demolished in the near future. There is currently no timetable for its demolition, though. This according to an article on LifeinQuebec.com from February 2015.

I wonder how the Quebec Coliseum already being gone will affect a future Quebec City Winter Olympics bid.
I'm sure there will be people opposed to demolition. Especially if they really wanted to try for a Winter Olympics again. But remember, their 2002 bid proposed this as the main venue. With the new arena, it will be the site for Figure Skating and Short Track (which for 2002 was proposed in a 9,000 seat expanded Youth Pavilion).

I expect this venue to stay. After all, it can host events (not just sporting, concerts mostly) who can't afford the new arena due to cheaper costs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts