SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
QUEBECOR ANNOUNCES THE EXPANSION OF ITS HEAD OFFICE: A $36 MILLION INVESTMENT

Quebecor is expanding its head office located at 612 Saint-Jacques Street in Old Montréal and will build a new 19-storey building adjacent and integrated to the existing building. The major construction project, in the heart of the Quartier international, represents an investment of $36 million. The work is scheduled to be completed for spring 2008

·
The good old days are now
476 Posts
I guess its good overall, but I hate the base of it. They should have made a base that went a little bit better with some of the older buildings surrounding it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i also dislike the base. it's lacking retail space, too, which would break the continuity of notre-dame street. the rest of the tower is fine, though.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I don't like the base either, I find it too be too close up ... too "private looking," Its seems like the designerss took poor consideration of the buildings surrounding it. However a decent looking tower is better then no tower!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Jeez...looks like i'm the only one who thinks the base isn't that bad? I like the way it kinda fits with the older building next door.

By the way, i passed by there yesterday, and this building will add more density to the area. With the older québecor building, the new Phénix Notre-Dame and this tower, this area will be just a little more active!

Not to mention the building going up on McGill street(i forget the name?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts