SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I'm new to this forum. I think I'll be digging around on here for many many hours.

I came to the site with a specific mission, though. I'm looking for old photos of the Queen of Angels Hospital. It is now called the "Dream Center." Hope someone can help.

·
The Place
1,137 Posts
I think he is talking about the one you can spot from the Hollywood Frwy in the Echo Park/Silver Lake area...

·
Administrator
30,058 Posts
I think he is talking about the one you can spot from the Hollywood Frwy in the Echo Park/Silver Lake area...
I thought about that one first, but then again I thought that the structure was too modern for him to be looking for old pictures.

But, (I may be wrong) wasn't that one called "City of Angels Medical Center"?

Who knows :lol::nuts:

·
The Place
1,137 Posts
I thought about that one first, but then again I thought that the structure was too modern for him to be looking for old pictures.

But, (I may be wrong) wasn't that one called "City of Angels Medical Center"?

Who knows :lol::nuts:
Actually that is an old structure and was called "Queen of Angels"... the one you showing on Vermont and Hollywood used to be the Presbyterian Hospital.

·
Or is it?
10,769 Posts
That's the place Aqua used to live across the street from, before he moved to The Valley to become a farmer.
Lawl!

This is true..

Yes I use to live across the street from "The Dream Center"
It's filled with angry and insane people.
But I moved there when it was already "The Dream Center" so I don't think I can help you there... sorry

·
Administrator
30,058 Posts
Well, that old picture I fpund up there already had that name on it, QUEEN OF ANGELS. I didn't title it. And I lived 3 blocks from there when attending my 2 years at LACC (sad I know) and I always knew it as the queen of angels, and I thought it was catholic not presbyterian.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dream center was left vacant for over 6 years as Patients and staff were moved to the newer, renamed Queen of Angels Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center and the site was used mostly as a filming site for Hollywood locals until it was purchased by Pastors Matthew & Tommy Barnett in 1996.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The one on Vermont in Hollywood?

Thanks. That's the one. You can see the Hollywood Freeway just behind the Hospital. This photo is looking south. It is in the Echo Park area. The hospital activity did move. I was hoping for more photos. The hospital has some history, including the mobster Mickey Cohen, and some reports of hauntings....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts