SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,
Could somebody explain how below houses, or appartments building, "work" :

By "work" I mean what is the general organisations of the floor plans, what about windows, as there seem to be very little surface for windows without direct facing on another house, how is the lighting inside these houses ?

And how many floors do they have ? Only one ?
Also are there garages integrated in them ?

I've been there but don't really remember and not sure I went into one of these, thanks for any info ! :)

·
skyscraper maniac
1,982 Posts
Well that would be the average LA area apartment complex, varying in prize because of location. They pretty much are 2 to 3 story, 1 to 3 bedrooms, and integrate parking in the first floor. The lighting is very constant, the heat though, usually affects the upper floors, maintaining the lower floors cool most of the day. These housing units usually include a laundry, a pool and a recreation center, with courtyards in between.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your answer From La, in fact I made pics using Microsoft live maps "aerial view" (great feature by the way !), where we see the buildings better :

About the appartments buildings with a pool, or open patio, in the middle, most of them "work" like below right ? :

That is "open walkways" in the interior of the buildings to access the flats.

About the buildings above, how do they "work", considering the types below :

Are they "outside corridor slabs" ? "Classic multy entry" ? Are some of them "interior corridor slabs" ?

Note : I've made a thread "explaining" all these types :

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=604687

1 - 3 of 3 Posts