Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched high and low for this.. Does anyone out there know where I can find a rendering for the new terminal? When is construction set to start? I know they are planning on refurbishing T1, but I couldn't find any info on T3.

Any info on this would be very helpful!

thanks!

·
Banned
464 Posts
from what i've read, they ain't going to be building any terminal 3 in the near future, dude. they haven't even started renovations of terminal 1 yet. terminal 3 is a long term plan. it will be built years and years from now when passenger traffic significantly increases beyond current airport capacity, which isn't even close yet. sorry to blow your bubble.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply... I stopped in Taiwan for few days on my way to HK, China and Thailand.. CKS was by far the worst looking airport which was sad because Taiwan is so powerful economically, but they have a such shitty airport ( at least T1, T2 was better, but still no comparison to other Asian Hubs..

When are they starting the T1 refurbishment? I hope soon as it is really needed.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah...T1 should have been renovated long time ago, and T2 is the worst new terminal I have been to(completed in year 2000!). It has got really bad design and bad maintenance.

·
Registered
219 Posts
T2 is fuckin'cool...I like it much more than Paris, Frankfurt, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Washington DC and Vienna... it is very nice, comfotable... cold^^ and absolutely cool designed!

·
Banned
464 Posts
ya CKS terminal 2 is better than some of the terminals at US airports like JFK and LAX. but it doesnt compare to the brand new sleek foreign-designed airports built in other asian cities like incheon, hk, kuala lumpur, and bangkok.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am at the Bangkok airport right now waiting for my next flight.. All I have to say is WOW, what an awsome airport!!! I hope Taiwan get their ass in gear soon and do something about it.. Its really shameful what they have at the moment... I really enjoyed my stay in Taiwan and I loved everything about this country except for its architecture ( or lack of inspiring architecture) including the airport...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also just had an amazing flight with China Airlines.. Such a great airline... I also enjoyed my stay in China, but they have a lot more catching up to do in their service industry..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts