SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, someone here at council asked me is it possible to see Q1 from Brisbane? and vice versa. what would be a good vantage point in brisbane to view from? i know atm theres no ob deck except maybe Mt Cootha. also i suppose theres no where in Surfers pd you can view brisbane yet. how far is hinterland from Q1? In Sydney tower on a clear day we can see Blue mountains out west which are approx 80km away.

·
Registered
76,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how far is Brisbane from Surfers? as crow flies

·
Registered
76,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah ok, so its about same distance as katoomba from Sydney, so you will be able to see each city then.

·
Registered
63 Posts
^^yeah you should be able to - I know you can see CP1 and Riparian and the Glass House Mountains (Sunshine Coast) from Amity Point on North Straddie

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Theoretically you might be able to see the two, but you have to keep in mind the size of the mountains inbetween Brisbane and the Gold Coast. There's not a hope in hell of seeing Surfers from Mt. Coot-tha. I think you might be able to see Surfers from Vision, but not from Riparian.

There are some fantastic views of Surfers from the GC Hinterland. Highland Park and Pac. Pines are the nearest ones, less than 20Km away. Mt Tamborine would be 30-35Km away. Springbrook would be 45-50Km away.

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
This was taken a few years ago from Mt Cootha - if you pan way to the right of the pic you can just see the tops of GC towers (reddish). I'm pretty sure it is anyway.

It would depend greatly on how clear the day is because I know some days you can't even see the islands properly. If the correct exposure is used I'm sure even the faintest buildings will appear.

Source:
http://www.carlngray.com.au/panorama/eclipse/index.htm
jt

·
Registered
110 Posts
Malt said:
^ You will be able to see Q1 from riparian though.

2 structures up high.
If you've ever bieng up Mt Cootha lookout, you'd be able to see the mountains blocking the view.

I'd doubt that from mountains that high, you'd be able to see it from Riparian on a clear day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts