SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well this is pretty much up to the HK govt depts. However, Hong Kong has quite a free flow of traffic with that amount of vehicles compared to most other cities in the world so maybe there is no need to? nevertheless this sounds like a great idea tho to save the precious land lol. do u live in jp?

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
jeremy1897, HK's urban area isn't that large at all. Also, most of the HK residents take the bus or metro to work ot to school as the Gov't DISCOURAGE HK people to drive. That make it unnecessary to build double-decker highways. :|

·
...::HK.:.:.:.LA::...
1,529 Posts
and HK DOES have double deck highways... a section of the freeway connecting the airport and downtown is double deck...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do I sound like a foreigner? Well I am a genuine HK-er...

Having uncogested highway doesn't preclude ones from building double-decker highways. You see they are taking up so much space in hkskyline's photo:
Route 3 Construction thread

West Kln Expressway is a big pain, particularly the section near Yau Ma Tei. It occupies almost the size of Kowloon Park.
See Google's map

Whether it is the cost that matters, or simply the engineers in HK gov't don't realise they could save space in that way??

·
Registered
166 Posts
jeremy1897 said:
Do I sound like a foreigner? Well I am a genuine HK-er...

Having uncogested highway doesn't preclude ones from building double-decker highways. You see they are taking up so much space in hkskyline's photo:
Route 3 Construction thread

West Kln Expressway is a big pain, particularly the section near Yau Ma Tei. It occupies almost the size of Kowloon Park.
See Google's map

Whether it is the cost that matters, or simply the engineers in HK gov't don't realise they could save space in that way??

Great plan, but personally though, I don't like the idea of having double-decker highways in downtown HK.

·
122,077 Posts
Congestion is a problem, but having double deck highways is too much additional capacity. Connecting the second deck with the first and streets below will be too cumbersome and waste too much space as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts