SkyscraperCity banner

7501 - 7520 of 7535 Posts

·
13,076 Posts

·
13,076 Posts
Question...

Is South Gosforth really South of Gosforth?

Is there any history to this very slight titular justification?
It looks as if it should be east south east gosforth but I guess that is conditional on either [or both] where you mark the centre and where the 'border' falls [I have a friend who lives in a house in 'Hampstead Garden Suburb' which I am absolutely convinced is really in east Finchley :)]. In other words is there a formal definition of where it is :).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, apologies if I'm not posting this to the right area but does anyone have any info on furture developments in shieldfield? I'm looking for any types of info. Cheers.

·
Registered
20,823 Posts
Viewing "Shieldfield" area projects on Newcastle Planning Portal

Link post on Planning thread about the "new" version of NCC Planning Portal

The link for the "new" NCC Planning Portal, Search for, view, and comment on planning applications | Newcastle City Council

The "previous" version, Weekly List

KEN

·
Registered
6 Posts
Viewing "Shieldfield" area projects on Newcastle Planning Portal

Link post on Planning thread about the "new" version of NCC Planning Portal

The link for the "new" NCC Planning Portal, Search for, view, and comment on planning applications | Newcastle City Council

The "previous" version, Weekly List

KEN
can you search for just shieldfield on the portal?

·
Registered
20,823 Posts
"Shieldfield" area projects on Newcastle Planning Portal

In response to last post - Possibly

Typing "Shieldfield" into "Site Address Description" box under Location Details gives list of schemes

More likely input the appropriate "Council Ward" (from drop down list) into "Ward" box then check list created below

EDIT

Ward areas to be seen on maps on Electoral Review | Newcastle City Council

KEN

·
Registered
19 Posts
Question...

Is South Gosforth really South of Gosforth?

Is there any history to this very slight titular justification?
Originally there was North Gosforth and South Gosforth possibly referring to crossings of the Ouseburn , what is now called Gosforth centred around the High street was much later and first called Bulman village .

·
Phil100
287 Posts
There's a map on this page
which indicates where the cinema was located.
Seems to tie in with the map in np's post.

Chris
That is the Black's Regal which didn't open until 1934 so it definitely isn't that cinema. I have checked through Frank Manders' book "Cinemas of Newcastle" and there is nothing in it that ties in.

7501 - 7520 of 7535 Posts