SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
- www.travelario.com -
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that there has been a new addition to the list of the Department of Public Works and Highways - PPP Projects this week: the Quezon-Bicol Expressway, covering about 180km from Lucena all the way to Naga in Bicol.

Status: For Business Case Study | Preparation of TOR, ABC, and other bid documents ongoing

Phase I: Quezon–Bicol Expressway Project
Phase I of the project is the proposed Quezon–Bicol Expressway (QuBEx) Project which will start about two (2) kilometers from the end of the proposed TR–4 project and will end before the start of the proposed Camarines Sur Expressway. The indicative alignment of the proposed project is shown in “ANNEX A”. The project will have an indicative length of approximately 180 kilometers and will be an alternative option of travel from Quezon and the Bicol Provinces.

Phase II: Camarines Sur Expressway Project
The Provincial Government of Camarines Sur has endorsed the proposed CamSur Expressway to be considered as one of the national government priority Public–Private Partnership Projects. The project will start at the end of the alignment of QuBEx at San Fernando, Camarines Sur, and will terminate at Pili, Camarines Sur. The proposed project has an indicative length of 16.0 km. The indicative alignment is shown in “ANNEX B”.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Nice, you can exit directly in the middle of the sea.

This is a great project though, can the alignment go directly above the PNR line? It would be expensive as you would have viaducts and tunnels in that portion, but it would sure make traveling to Bicol a whole lot easier and safer.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Nice, you can exit directly in the middle of the sea.

This is a great project though, can the alignment go directly above the PNR line? It would be expensive as you would have viaducts and tunnels in that portion, but it would sure make traveling to Bicol a whole lot easier and safer.

·
User Friendly
275 Posts
good to know this new project.. it will shorten the travel time going to Bicolandia but,when will this project starts? hoping, this will push through by the next president/administration . :eek:kay:

Reactions: lianlaspinas

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
I have noticed that there has been a new addition to the list of the Department of Public Works and Highways - PPP Projects this week: the Quezon-Bicol Expressway, covering about 180km from Lucena all the way to Naga in Bicol.

Status: For Business Case Study | Preparation of TOR, ABC, and other bid documents ongoing

Looking at the map, it would traverse approx. 10 ams over the sea ?

·
One Of A Kind!
2,654 Posts
Ituloy na nila to parang awa na nila. :bash: puro na lang north:eek:hno:
This would greatly help even VisMin. I was in Quezon last week. The ONLY road going to the south sucks. Construction works are prevalent and a perennial sight from Tiaong to Calauag. Bugbog-sarado kasi nag-iisa lang whereas in the north, we have NLEx, SCTEx, TPLEx, and other Exes. Di naman 'yan didiretso up to Taiwan and Japan, unlike in the south, trucks, buses and other private vehicles use this one and only road to travel to as far as Mindanao.

Even the trucks carrying relief goods to Yolanda victims used this part of PPHW. This should have been prioritized a long time ago. Hindi ba naiisip 'yan ng mga tao sa pamahalaan?

·
Registered
22 Posts
This would greatly help even VisMin. I was in Quezon last week. The ONLY road going to the south sucks. Construction works are prevalent and a perennial sight from Tiaong to Calauag. Bugbog-sarado kasi nag-iisa lang whereas in the north, we have NLEx, SCTEx, TPLEx, and other Exes. Di naman 'yan didiretso up to Taiwan and Japan, unlike in the south, trucks, buses and other private vehicles use this one and only road to travel to as far as Mindanao.

Even the trucks carrying relief goods to Yolanda victims used this part of PPHW. This should have been prioritized a long time ago. Hindi ba naiisip 'yan ng mga tao sa pamahalaan?
Good point. Siguro nga pag from south na ang Presidente natin, matuloy to.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts