SkyscraperCity banner

141 - 160 of 176 Posts

·
Apo ni Mamay
78 Posts
Please take note that the possible alignment of QBE I've used is unofficial and may subject to change once the official EIA of QBE has been released to public by DPWH and/or its future proponent. Alignment shown at the DPWH PPP site is not even accurate and Sec. Villar even said in some reports that QBE alignment is conceptual and may subject to change once its detailed engineering design has been started. QBE, according to the Congress, starts around a few kms from TR4 and ends at Matnog. QBE on DPWH PPP site is possibly Phase 1 only.

Legend:
Green - Existing SLEx
Rose Pink - STAR Tollway
Red - SLEx TR4 (Under Construction, now includes Tayabas-Lucena Segment)
Blue - QBEx Phase 1 (Lucena-Naga Expressway/LNEx?)
Dark Navy Blue - Camarines Sur Expressway (CSUEx?)
Purple - Maharlika Highway
Teal - Quirino/Andaya Highway
Yellow circles with black highlights - Exits

Possible exits:

Lucena/Mayao Exit (End of TR4)
-Eastern Part of Lucena
-Western Part of Pagbilao

Pagbilao/Malicboy
-Eastern part of Pagbilao
-Quezon National Park

Padre Burgos
-Poblacion

Agdangan
-Poblacion

Unisan/Atimonan
-Unisan poblacion
-Atimonan
-Western part of Plaridel

Pitogo/Gumaca
-Pitogo poblacion
-Gumaca
-Eastern part of Plaridel
-Macaleon
-General Luna
-Catanauan
-Mulanay
-San Francisco

Lopez
-Lopez poblacion
-Buenavista
-San Narciso
-San Andres

Guinayangan/Calauag
-Guinayangan poblacion
-Calauag
-Santa Elena
-Capalonga
-Western part of Labo

Tagkawayan
-Poblacion

Del Gallego
-Poblacion

Ragay
-Ragay Poblacion
-Western Part of Lupi

Sipocot
-Sipocot Poblacion
-Eastern Part of Lupi
-Basud
-Daet
-San Lorenzo Ruiz
-San Vicente
-Mercedes
-Talisay
-Vinzons
-Eastern Part of Labo
-Jose Panganiban
-Paracale

Libmanan/Cabusao
-Libmanan Poblacion
-Cabusao
-Pamplona

QBE-CSUEx (Only if CSUEx is converted as a ring road for Metro Naga)
-San Fernando
-Southern part of Pili
-Pasacao
-Southern part of Naga City

Magarao
-Magarao poblacion
-Northwestern part of Naga City
-Calabanga
-Bombon
-Canaman
-Tinambac
-Siruma

Naga
-Northeastern and Southeastern parts of Naga City
-Northern Part of Pili

On this terrain map, I tried my best to align QBE over shallow terrain as possible. I was hoping that there will be fewer tunnels along this route and it's possible to use only cut and fill method to reduce costs. QBE should start at Mayao Interchange instead of Tayabas, and ends at Naga City instead of San Fernando, based on Naga City Government's recommendations in accordance to the 2017 land use plan. (Site may be down for now but may resume in a few months)

In case of Camarines Sur Expressway, the only official alignment so far is the San Fernando-Pili segment (the web page is hidden and can only be searched so far by Google Search). Why not turn it into a ring road for Metro Naga as shown in this map and maybe extend it to Catanduanes as Camarines Sur-Catanduanes Expressway (CSCAEx?)

With QBE ending at the northeast of Naga and turning CSUEx as a ring road for Naga, the traffic gridlock in the city will surely reduce and travel time too. Will benefit motorists to and from further south as far as Visayas and Mindanao.

I might release the unofficial/possible alignments of Phase 2 (Naga-Legazpi Expressway/NALEx?) and Phase 3 (Legazpi-Matnog Expressway/LMEx?) soon.
Your alignment, which will traverse along Bontoc Peninsula is a herculean task I must say. Those area has rough terrains, wide valleys, hundred rivers and creeks and elevations that are comparable to Halsema. A road can built there, yes, but not an expressway. I know this because my father used to have a farm in Catanauan and we go there frequently back in 90s. I like to have road built there, but realistically, I dont see it happening given the budget constraints.

·
BANNȆD by megalegazpi LOL
622 Posts
So that replaced TR5, Correct?
If you watch the groundbreaking video of SLEx TR4, TR5 is possibly replaced/superseded. Suares even mentioned that SMC will not stop the endpoint of SLEx at Lucena or Pagbilao and may end at Naga for now, possibly thru QBE project.

·
BANNȆD by megalegazpi LOL
622 Posts
Your alignment, which will traverse along Bontoc Peninsula is a herculean task I must say. Those area has rough terrains, wide valleys, hundred rivers and creeks and elevations that are comparable to Halsema. A road can built there, yes, but not an expressway. I know this because my father used to have a farm in Catanauan and we go there frequently back in 90s. I like to have road built there, but realistically, I dont see it happening given the budget constraints.
I did use the terrain mode of Google maps instead of the default mode because it shows more terrain elevation than normally shown in Google maps' default mode. I did see the Cordilleras in the terrain mode and it's more massive than those seen in the upper part of Bontoc peninsula. If the future proponent decided to use my alignment, then they would have probably build viaducts and possibly tunnels aside from cut-and-fill method. The best way for that is to wait for QBE's official Environmental impact assessment (EIA) which may probably include its future official alignment and possibly detailed engineering designs.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
DPWH bares plan to build 180-km expressway from Quezon to Bicol
The Department of Public Works and Highways said it is keen on building a 180-kilometer expressway from Pagbilao, Quezon to Maharlika Highway in San Fernando, Camarines Sur for P87.29 billion.
Public Works Secretary Mark Villar said the Quezon-Bicol Expressway would reduce the travel time between Tayabas, Quezon and San Fernando near Naga City in Camarines Sur by two hours.
The project also called South Luzon Expressway Toll Road 5 is under review by the National Economic and Development Authority-Investment Coordinating Committee.
It would be a continuation of the SLEX Toll Road 4, a 66.74-kilometer expressway from Santo Tomas, Batangas to Lucena City, Quezon which is being built by South Luzon Tollways Corp., a subsidiary of conglomerate San Miguel Corp.
http://manilastandard.net/business/transport-tourism/305678/dpwh-bares-plan-to-build-180-km-expressway-from-quezon-to-bicol.html

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
DPWH to submit 2 projects for NEDA approval this year
MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) is eyeing to submit to the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) before the year ends feasibility studies for two priority projects, namely the Quezon-Bicol Expressway (QBEx) and a fourth bridge that would link Mactan Island to mainland Cebu.
Public Works and Highways Secretary Mark Villar said the feasibility study for the QBEx is now being finalized and may be completed this month or early next month.
Once finished, the feasibility study would immediately be submitted to NEDA for further evaluation, he said
https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/10/14/1959895/dpwh-submit-2-projects-neda-approval-year#OojizJyk3voFkWWo.99

·
Registered
25 Posts
“Tapos na yung FS, so we’re going start this year (The feasibility study is done, so we’re going to start [with construction] this year,” Public Works Secretary Mark A. Villar said in Malabon City Friday on the sidelines of the inspection of NLEX Harbor Link Segment 10 C3-R10 Section, when asked for an update regarding the project.

https://www.bworldonline.com/qbex-construction-launch-expected-this-year/

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
DPWH set to start construction of Quezon-Bicol expressway
The Department of Public Works and Highways said it expects to start the construction of the Quezon-to-Bicol expressway project this year.
“The feasibility study already completed, so we’re gonna start this year,” Public Works Secretary Mark Villar said.
According to the DPWH, the project will start at Pagbilao, Quezon, and end at the Maharlika Highway in San Fernando, Camarines Sur.
“The project will have an indicative length of approximately 220 kilometers and will be an alternative option of travel from Quezon and the Bicol provinces,” DPWH added.
https://manilastandard.net/business/biz-plus/315897/dpwh-set-to-start-construction-of-quezon-bicol-expressway.html

·
Registered
338 Posts
... Batchmate Mark, Ituloy mo na yang Expressway na Yan Hanggang Sorsogon Para
Ung Mga Truckers at Private Vehicles ay Malaking Ginhawa sa Pagbibiyahe.
Malaki ang tiwala namin ka Batchmates mo Kaya nyo yan. We fully support You.

·
Crash N Burn
1,447 Posts
Question, bakit ayaw gumastos sa pinas ng road tunnel for convenience and speed? Kaya napag iiwanan tayo sa infra at development ng provinces

·
Registered
22,601 Posts
Question, bakit ayaw gumastos sa pinas ng road tunnel for convenience and speed? Kaya napag iiwanan tayo sa infra at development ng provinces
Simple - co$$$t.

Kaya gumawa ng tunnel di naman bago technology nan - question is, will be the private proponent be able to recoup their inve$$$tment?

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Yung ngang box girder type na viaduct ayaw nilang gawin. Doon lang tayo nakakatikim ng pang world class na infra kapag under ng ODA.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
^^Box girder is very nice but expensive to a proponent. Higher cost means longer time to recoup investment plus profit and it being a User Pay principle means higher toll fee for us.

While JICA or GAA funded project are paid by future taxpayer or current taxpayer respectively. O&M only to a proponent will result in lower toll fees.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Simple - co$$$t.

Kaya gumawa ng tunnel di naman bago technology nan - question is, will be the private proponent be able to recoup their inve$$$tment?
Compared naman sa North expressways? I think mas magiging tiba-tiba sila sa South. Lahat ng traffic going to Visayas and Mindanao e diyan ang daan. Sana naman mas pagtuunan nila ng pansin yung ginhawa ng mga mamamayan kesa dun sa sa-shing sa-shing na pera magagastos nila. Sa south expressways lang naman :(

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
^^Box girder is very nice but expensive to a proponent. Higher cost means longer time to recoup investment plus profit and it being a User Pay principle means higher toll fee for us.

While JICA or GAA funded project are paid by future taxpayer or current taxpayer respectively. O&M only to a proponent will result in lower toll fees.
Sagot na nga ng Gobyerno yung ROW kung tutuusin. Ang kailangan na lang yung sa civil works. Nakakainggit yung mga kalapit bansa natin, ang gaganda ng expressway at tumatagos sa bundok para makamenos ng oras ng biyahe.

141 - 160 of 176 Posts