SkyscraperCity banner

7621 - 7634 of 7634 Posts

·
10,769 Posts
Why is it that a lot of Fairview residents can't say "Fairview" properly? I've heard all sorts of ways they murder the name; pehr-byoo, fehr-byoo (one of the most common), pehr-vyoo, fehr-vyoo, peyr-byoo, feyr-byoo.

It's so annoying. If you take pride in living where you live, you'll be proud of that place, and taking the effort to say the name properly is part of that.

If these people living in Fairview really love Fairview, they wouldn't butcher the name, right?

Exempted na yung mga taga Greater Lagro who simply say they live in Fairview because they're technically not Fairview residents. 😆

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Why is it that a lot of Fairview residents can't say "Fairview" properly? I've heard all sorts of ways they murder the name; pehr-byoo, fehr-byoo (one of the most common), pehr-vyoo, fehr-vyoo, peyr-byoo, feyr-byoo.

It's so annoying. If you take pride in living where you live, you'll be proud of that place, and taking the effort to say the name properly is part of that.

If these people living in Fairview really love Fairview, they wouldn't butcher the name, right?

Exempted na yung mga taga Greater Lagro who simply say they live in Fairview because they're technically not Fairview residents. 😆
Not sure if this is a sarcasm but why bother our wrong pronunciation of Fairview by not using the most exact pronunciation as the one used by the Americans? Most people use the "erroneous" one because it's based on the Philippine English, and our tongue is quite different than the Americans, even Visayan and Indians, they'll have a different pronunciation, regardless of studying English or related subjects in Primary to Tertiary, thru work in BPO or not. I think mod, it's wrong to demand everyone to correct it that is not that possible.

Reactions: sulong and Animo

·
6,836 Posts
Isn't it suppose to be pronouned, "Far-view" since its so far away from everywhere else? ;)

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
389 Posts

Exempted na yung mga taga Greater Lagro who simply say they live in Fairview because they're technically not Fairview residents.
I have my classmates na taga-Fairview and yeah, fehr-byoo tawag nila. Kahit mga taga-North Fairview naman at mga nag-aaral sa North Fairview HS. Ako na taga-Commonwealth, fehr-byoo rin pronunciation ko riyan. Pati na rin ng mga sumasakay ng PUV pa-Fairview. Isama ko pa mga media reporters

Nakasanayan na siguro iyan. Ika nga, kung ano'ng bigkas, s'yang baybay (or the opposite?)

Anyway, Greater Lagro ba ang pinakamalaking barangay sa QC in terms of land area (because of La Mesa Reservoir)?

·
6,836 Posts
Holy sh*t!!!! o_O

What is disturbing is the aerial footage shows one of the office towers that NEED to be built! Hopefully its just stock footage and the site itself is okay and continuing in full swing...

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Reactions: Chachithechow

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Well, Kyusi is now making helmets mandatory for bikers in da city.

Wearing of helmets now mandatory for bikers in QC
Published September 30, 2020, 1:31 PM
by Joseph Pedrajas - Manila Bulletin

Wearing of helmets for cyclists passing through Quezon City is now strictly mandatory as the city council passed an ordinance imposing penalties against those who will not do so.

Although wearing helmets when biking is already required under the Road Safety Ordinance, the local government on Wednesday said the city council saw “the need for another policy to further encourage the helmets as protection, with more people now traveling by bicycles.”
But learning from the Dutch where bike culture is prevalent, mas safe pa nga na walang helmet at magkaroon ng safe space for them with private and PUV drivers needing serious and strict driving re-education thru revocation of all driver's licenses, re-examination for about 500 hours, reduction of private cars, etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Will the mindanao Avenue extension will reach Meycauayan, Bulacan? I don't see any reference on the internet about the said plan (rumors). If so, it will decongest meycauayan going to NLEX because that area has so many warehouses and factories (same with valenzuela).

7621 - 7634 of 7634 Posts