SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
View of al-Haram Mosque from my room.. the roof is sometimes closed during non-Hajj season, but the place is always busy 24/7. In the afternoon people prefer to not go out in the yard much though.

Zoom of the Ka'abah.

Cameras are not permitted inside the mosque, but i always keep my cam in my pocket under the abaya.

Photos in series of the janitors of the mosque praying in the yard outside. I'd say there are at least 2000 + of them. They belong to the Saudi Bin Laden Group.

Construction near the mosque.. they're levelling a mountain and demolishing several buildings for some new projects.

The streets of Makkah city.. old and disorganised..

One of the few fresh-looking areas of greenery. The prophet -pbuh- saw Gabriel's wings stretched in this place.

The mount where the prophet -pbuh- and Abu Bakr hid from those who were after them. There are some old buildings and residential houses around it.

An old gas station. Most gas stations looked like this. Some on the Jeddah-Makkah highway can accomodate 50 cars at a time.

Jebel an-Noor where the cave of Heraa is. The place where the Quran was first revealed. Some shabby houses nearby.

Camels near Jebel ar-Rahmah.. there is no empty land in this area in Hajj season. Several new highways have been opened.

Mosque in area where the Ethiopian and his elephant stopped.

The Prophet's Mosque of Madinah.. Islam's second holiest shrine after the al-Haram of Makkah. In third place of importance is al-Aqsa of Jerusalem.

Qubaa Mosque in Madinah.. the first mosque built in Islam.

Souk

Madinah city.. towards the "non-hotels" side.

Going outside the city.. like Makkah.. older than old houses appear. Some are quaint, especially the little white mosques.

Jebel Uhud

al-Fateh Mosque in the Khandaq battle area. No sign available as guide except graffiti.

·
Banned
362 Posts
You got pictures acutually form poor areas in mecca and middle-class areas in medina, in fact its a blessing u even GOT! pics cause people there don't like anyone taking photos of their houses. Great pics Swan princess!

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i was hiding behind a niqab, so maybe that helps in getting away with it.

yes, the pictures are not really balanced, they don't show middle class areas of makkah, but i didn't take pics except in the car, and the car didn't take a drive around middle class makkah.. so it's not really under my control.

i'm glad you enjoyed it anyway. now what remains is scanning the saudi rail article i got with the pictures. but i might leave that for next week.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Wow I didn't know they still drove old Chevy Caprice in Saudi, my cousins are doing well with the Lexus but a little disappointed always expected the best "Seirras" from the Saudis hehe.

·
Registered
253 Posts
UofT, they have really nice cars in Saudi, but for some reason EVERYONE loves to drive those old Caprice cars. I have no idea why.

Swan Princess, thanks for the nice pics.

I really don't want to offend anyone here, but for some reason I thought Mecca would be much better layed out, seeing that its such an important city. But don't listen to me, I'm not allowed into Mecca, and the only pics I have really seen of the city are the ones from around the Grand Mosque, which looked really nice!!

·
Banned
362 Posts
like i said this is poor areas and low incomed people. Houses are better that for more info on that we will get into an argument about politics! anyways u find the old caprice cars weird?! guys ure way back! look at the bedouins who love to drive GMC (jims hehe:D) cars, models of the 60's!! hahahah :D/

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
بصراحة ما وجدت انهم منظمين مكة والمدينة بشكل مثالي.. و بعض الناس يتعاملون باسلوب غير لائق في المطار و عند الحرم الشريف.. مثلا في جوازي صورتي قديمة و ما مغطية شعري، يقول لي الريال في المطار ان شاء الله أخر مرة تجين عندنا.. و بعدين في الحرم ابغى ادعي و واحد لاحقني يخرب علي يقول "ان بعض النقاب اكثر فتنة من كشف الوجه" و مكان ثاني وحدة تقول شىء غير.. ما ادري كيف يعني. . سمعت عن مشاريع جديدة كثيرة و ها شيء طيب بس توه الناس.. كان المفروض يهتمون بالمكان من قبل.. و بخصوص بعض الاماكن الاثرية في مكة و المدينة كاطراف جبل النور و منطقة غزوة الخندق، صح ان الاهتمام الزائد فيهم غير واجب و ممكن ان يشجع الناس على البدع و هذه فتنة، بس عيب عليهم ترك المناطق بهذا الشكل.. شخابيط على الجدران و ـ الله يكرمك ـ مزبلة يدام المكان.. ما شئ ترتيب، وهذا رايي

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thank you so much for the effort and sharing.

Guys she did not take photos of poor places only she took photos of different
classes. I won’t call the surroundings of the Haram to be poor! As you said
Swan Princess Makkah is waaaay not organized and it needs a lot of efforts.
Alot of people from Makkah moved to Jeddah for those reasons.

We have to point at our mistakes so we can fix it in the future we cant just
ignore it or hide from it.

Swan Princess I hope your Umrah went well. We Saudis also suffer
from those people in the airport.

Almost all policemen and airport workers are from the South of Arabia where
they are kind of complicated. (With the acceptation of Zahrani people
because they are the friendliest compare their neighbors in the South), Because believe me
we locals of Jeddah, Makkah and Madina are very flexible on those things.

·
Banned
263 Posts
great pics swan princess :)

·
Banned
358 Posts
*UofT* said:
Wow I didn't know they still drove old Chevy Caprice in Saudi, my cousins are doing well with the Lexus but a little disappointed always expected the best "Seirras" from the Saudis hehe.
Did you really expet 20,000,000 to ride the kind of cars your cousin is driving?

·
Banned
358 Posts
Saudi Dunes said:
I really don't want to offend anyone here, but for some reason I thought Mecca would be much better layed out, seeing that its such an important city. But don't listen to me, I'm not allowed into Mecca, and the only pics I have really seen of the city are the ones from around the Grand Mosque, which looked really nice!!
True, Makkah has a horrible layout especially the area around the mosque. It needs major facelift and I hope the new projects would change it to the better.

·
Banned
362 Posts
Swan princess, The people of mecca got destroyed, when al-saud came, most of them moved to egypt,levant,etc. some returned but when they returned there was nothing left for them, they used to live a better life but now they don't besides that for the historical places no its no fitna to keep historical places even graves! worshipping is haram! But thought no one used to worship those things and Abdul wahab came up with things inshallah allah yoghforla lol that were really way too far, The historical monuments used to be taken care of but when the saudi regime came they destroyed them such as the house of the sahaba and muhammad*SAWS*, etc. There is sooo much about mecca, But this will dive deep into politics but you should keep in mind one thing! the regime came and made what *IT* wanted to do, now they are coming to an end, the new regime inshallah will be better!

·
Banned
358 Posts
Anas,
First of all, STOP bullshitting!!
Second, STOP turning the threads here into political discussions.
Third, STOP talking as if you are stating facts
Forth, if you don't like Saudi, then stay where you are.
Fifth, everybody here knows that you are full of shit.
Sixth, if you have nothing to say, then shut the f*** up.
Seventh, talk on behalf of yourself, NOT on behalf of all Saudis.
Finally, you and your children and your grandchildren WILL die inshallah and the great roal family of Saudi Arabia WILL stay forever and ever.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.