SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
August 11

From Front Street looking north, getting ready for the crane installation.

From Niagara looking south, the Panorama crane is visible in the background.

From Victoria Memorial Park.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Does anyone think that Front west, West of Spadina has the potential to turn into a nice little neighbourhood?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think so, if they get a little bit of non-harley davidson retail in the area. I walked through a little street with century row houses on either side and was blown away by how nice the area looked. If they could get a couple of coffee shops/neighbourhood establishments I could see that becoming a nice little neighbourhood.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
The slaughterhouse needs to go first. This whole area smells horrible depending on when you're there.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
It seems like there are rumors of cancelled developments for just about every building going up in Toronto. I really think guys just get their jollies being a downer and casting doubt on all the new projects. I'll believe it, when I see real evidence.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Change of status?

A friend who lives beside this development says they'd taken down one of the cranes - It's not nearly done - anyone know what's happenning here?

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=2adef9523e957722c6edd7c3ba6bad3183423cb0&projectid=9110621&region=ontario

CONDOMINIUM BUILDING Proj: 9110621-2
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/START
Rêve Condominium, 560 Front St, Portland Ave, M5V 1C1
$45,000,000 est
Start: April, 2010 Complete: October, 2011
Note: Gen Cont will award Sub trades sequentially through Summer, 2010 by invitation. All trades are expected to be in place June/July, 2010. Further update at that time.
Providence Energy Management Ltd is the LEED Consultant for the project.
Project: concrete foundation, concrete tilt-up structural frame, fuel fired heating system, environmentally friendly construction materials; low-volatile organic compound paints; construction of a 305 unit condominium building. The building will be 15-storeys in the front, and will step back to 9-storeys with rooftop garden terraces. Units will range in size from 490 to 1,455 sq ft. Amenities will include; 24-hour concierge service; a party lounge; meeting rooms; billiards room; theatre; yoga centre; sauna area; wellness centre and rooftop terraces; The project will aim to achieve LEED standards.
Scope: 405,000 square feet; 15 storeys; 2 storeys below grade; 305 units; parking for 400 cars; 4 acres
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services
First report Tue Nov 24, 2009.
This report Mon Apr 12, 2010.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts