Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rochester, was a nice day and a chance to begin my study of this great city.

Heading thru downtown to the underground

Going to the old subway

Outta the subway...street level

Now, a nice walk thru Corn Hill...Rochester's hidden gem

Hope you all enjoyed...I know I did!

Come check out the rest of this tour at http://farnsworth.zenfolio.com/p119539739/

adios! :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Buffcity, you have many more areas of Corn Hill to venture to. Cross Plymouth Ave in Corn Hill and venture towards Clarissa St, you will see much nicer Corn Hill homes.

Why do u like to take pictures of the dirty areas like the old underground Subway?

Personally I dont enjoy seeing graffiti and dirty water, might just be me?

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
The Xerox tower looks NAKED without its X logo at the top. Where in Rochester is Corn Hill?

That old subway always fascinates me how at one time, Rochester had a subway system that actually looked like a very profitable system, too bad the car and freeway came in.

This also shows Rochester's collection of classic buildings, which add nicely to the modernness of downtown.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Cornhill is just southwest of downtown, on the west bank of the Genesee River.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Buffcity, you have many more areas of Corn Hill to venture to. Cross Plymouth Ave in Corn Hill and venture towards Clarissa St, you will see much nicer Corn Hill homes.

Why do u like to take pictures of the dirty areas like the old underground Subway?

Personally I dont enjoy seeing graffiti and dirty water, might just be me?
I like the 'grit' because it helps tell the whole story of a city...kinda like a 'behind the music' sense of a community. I mean sure, I could walk about taking photos of the handful of skyscrapers downtown, maybe some homes and a park or something...which I do, but these urban grit photos are what allow my aristic side to do more. Some like to ignore the past and pretend the city was born the day they were born, thats not so...so in order to complete my essay of a city...I try to gather the good the bad and the funny if I can...it ends up being more ironic than anything else.

as for Corn Hill, I plan to return, but we are also just getting started with Rochester and we wanted to see what the area offered...a lot I must add.

I'll return there at some point, its a compressed yet highly detailed neighborhood so its going to take some time.

only getting started with Rochester...please be patient. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts