SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you. Location wise we don't yet have a finalised place but we were mostly thinking of around hope college / vilankurichi / kalapatti area as we have some friends and family around. Hence we were looking at Vidya Niketan / Suguna PIPS / newly opened NGP public school etc. But the above schools had mixed feedbacks but CS Academy has been all positive atleast as far as I enquired.

Based on your experience, do you think we need to make a trip exclusively (in the next moth or so) to sort out school admissions or can it be done without being there in person?
The locations mentioned by you are very far for CS Academy but they mentioned that they have buses going up to Avinashi road don't know how far. In the worst case, you can drop at a point where the buses can pick up but still I think you are better off with other schools in that area.

My son was not in person when I got the admission. It may be a good idea for one of the parent to go in person in December or Jan or Feb to finalize the admission. Other good schools will be very tough without the kid in person and they may even ask the kid to take a entrance test. I believe since CS is new to CBE (they are well established in Erode), they are easy on the admissions but that may change soon.

Which grade will your kid join?

·
Registered
84 Posts
The locations mentioned by you are very far for CS Academy but they mentioned that they have buses going up to Avinashi road don't know how far. In the worst case, you can drop at a point where the buses can pick up but still I think you are better off with other schools in that area.

My son was not in person when I got the admission. It may be a good idea for one of the parent to go in person in December or Jan or Feb to finalize the admission. Other good schools will be very tough without the kid in person and they may even ask the kid to take a entrance test. I believe since CS is new to CBE (they are well established in Erode), they are easy on the admissions but that may change soon.

Which grade will your kid join?
She will start UKG next year and hence bit concerned with the distance... or else have to look to settle down in Kovaidpudur to start with. Yellow Train Grade School is another one of interest. Will initiate some conversations from here and will make a trip if needed.

I haven't even thought much about my post R2I career plans ( IT in CBE) but schooling becomes so vital... thanks again for your inputs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Schools

You could try PSBB/DPS/Yuva Bharathi schools

She will start UKG next year and hence bit concerned with the distance... or else have to look to settle down in Kovaidpudur to start with. Yellow Train Grade School is another one of interest. Will initiate some conversations from here and will make a trip if needed.

I haven't even thought much about my post R2I career plans ( IT in CBE) but schooling becomes so vital... thanks again for your inputs.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hey guys... I am R2I to Kovai this month after 8 year looong stay in U.S. I am a native of Pudukottai district (near Trichy) and new to Kovai. Hope I will get to know most of you more soon..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi D.Pitchai,

Hey guys... I am R2I to Kovai this month after 8 year looong stay in U.S. I am a native of Pudukottai district (near Trichy) and new to Kovai. Hope I will get to know most of you more soon..
Welcome to Coimbatore. My best wishes for a smooth transition to cbe from the States. Basically I am from Coimbatore and for any information please do not hesitate to shoot the queries.

Regards,
Sankara Narayanan T
Amsterdam, Netherlands

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome to Capital of Kongu Nadu :)

IT career move or another entrepreneur - wishing you all success!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Thank you TShankar & MuthuKrish!

Completed one month already, lovely weather here made me to sideline minor hiccups I faced! Some of my NRI friends are watching me to decide if they too want to R2I to Kovai!
Well, I am stalking you from now on :lol:

·
Registered
37 Posts
CS Academy

Friend please share your experience or ideas about CS Academy school -kovaipudur.

We are planning to put my daughter into CS Academy this year.

OR any good option near by/around kovaipudur.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thank you TShankar & MuthuKrish!

Completed one month already, lovely weather here made me to sideline minor hiccups I faced! Some of my NRI friends are watching me to decide if they too want to R2I to Kovai!
NOooooo Say bad things. We don't need more ppl. :) half joke.

Vanakkam, hope you enjoy your stay here. Where are you located?

·
Registered
4 Posts
R2I Coimbatore schools and residential stay safety

Hi All,

I'm basically from Coimbatore, staying in the US . planning to come back to Coimbatore any good schools for first grade and preschool looking at peelamedu and trichy road area.
I'm also considering to buy an apartment and stay alone , wondering how safe it is. Can u all update me.

Archana

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Hi All,

I'm basically from Coimbatore, staying in the US . planning to come back to Coimbatore any good schools for first grade and preschool looking at peelamedu and trichy road area.
I'm also considering to buy an apartment and stay alone , wondering how safe it is. Can u all update me.

Archana
CBE is one of the safest cities to live in Tamilnadu & India. Below is the link which provides you the crime rate of various cities including CBE. In this same thread itself there is a posting of various international schools in CBE. If you are ok with CBSE or state board then there are plenty of option in CBE depending on the area you choose.

Avinashi road being the busiest stretch followed by Trichy road has plenty of option for accommodation depending on your preference. There are many Gated community and Apartments with good security which is safer to stay alone.

http://ncrb.gov.in/CD-CII2014/CII_2014_Tables/FILES/Table 2.2.pdf

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Hi All,

Archana

CBE is easily one of the better cities to lead a lifestyle in India at present. There is a perfect mix of modern culture and ease of living. There are plenty of schools at Peelamedu and Singanallur. Look for residence at racecourse or you can opt for TVH at Trichy road or puvankara.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank u Karthik and sriram will look at few places to stay do u know any ready to occupy gated community on avinashi road, if u know anything let me know.....any reviews on yellow train I visited the school and liked it heard no negative reviews on it till now a new school so wondering if anyone know anything.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thank u Karthik and sriram will look at few places to stay do u know any ready to occupy gated community on avinashi road, if u know anything let me know.....any reviews on yellow train I visited the school and liked it heard no negative reviews on it till now a new school so wondering if anyone know anything.
I have not heard any negative reviews of yellow train. The apartments opposite to Alvernia is close to the school. Besides you have Palamudhir nilayam and other small shops close too.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts