SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
23,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a big mishmash of different architectural styles (which is also true of Khedival Cairo). The Art Deco buildings give off a New York vibe whereas the Beaux Arts-styled buildings look very Parisian. On the other hand I feel like it fails to incorporate Egyptian styles, unlike Khedival Cairo which has an unmistakable Egyptian character.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
These are my all time favourite renders on this site. I absolutely love both Parisian and Baroque architecture. This is what I wish for all of Egypt to look like. Better than all those Commie blocks and "Sleek" Dubai like buildings. Modern architecture is a menace to culture and it's sad to see it's effect on the West so any classical architecture is much welcomed.

·
23,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
‘New Garden City’ to be established at Egypt’s New Administrative Capital: Prime Minister - LINK

Egypt will be establishing a district in the New Administrative Capital that would resemble downtown Cairo’s Garden City area, Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly announced on Saturday.

The construction in district R5 is ongoing and will be named “New Garden City”, Madbouly said in a statement.

The New Garden City is located on an area of about 1,000 acres, and scheduled to include 23,000 housing units, varying between apartments and villas in addition to a number of luxury units.

Madbouly explained that the architectural style that will be followed is the old French style, similar to the architecture implemented in Cairo’s Garden City.

He added that all services such as health, education, religious facilities, sports, entertainment and daily commercial activities will be provided in the neighborhoods.

Madbouly pointed out that the neighborhood will also include a residential towers area with about 2,000 housing units and a 5-star hotel.

[...]

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Execution is kinda shit.
The facade doesn't match the render and is missing some of the details on stone.
I got that from a Facebook page so I'm really hoping that's a different building.

·
Registered
355 Posts
It can't be the same one, the one in the renders has high street shops on the ground floor, so this must be deeper inside the neighborhood

·
23,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not sure if i should post here or in construction updates.
Villas by the ministry from the R5 district, there are some interior photos but they just show normal furniture, i really don't like the design.

I really don't like how they've separated these with a big ass wall. Is it even necessary? And if yes, for privacy reasons (I know Egyptians are iffy about this stuff), it could have been much smaller. The way it is now, the wall stands out as a very dominant feature. Would have been classier if it was more proportionate and maybe even made with wood.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
I really don't like how they've separated these with a big ass wall. Is it even necessary? And if yes, for privacy reasons (I know Egyptians are iffy about this stuff), it could have been much smaller. The way it is now, the wall stands out as a very dominant feature. Would have been classier if it was more proportionate and maybe even made with wood.
They look like council/social houses. :lol:

·
bishoui
1,781 Posts
construction status of of July 2020
  • villas section is completely finished
  • all low and mid rise structures finished with 15% of them completely finished including electromechanical engineering works
  • site include a university plot for the American university in NAC
20992377_AR_1560343592_1.png

20992377_AR_1560343610_2.png

20992377_AR_1560343619_3.png

20992377_AR_1560343630_4.png

20992377_AR_1560343664_5.png

1 - 20 of 49 Posts