·
Registered
6 Posts
ممكن موقع الخرائط دا بعد اذنك لان جوجل ايرث لسا منزلش صور جديدة

·
bishoui
1,781 Posts
ممكن موقع الخرائط دا بعد اذنك لان جوجل ايرث لسا منزلش صور جديدة
Teslamli :D El screenshot da menen fe3lan? Doesn't look like Google Maps at all.
These are taken from planet.com which is a paid service that offer up-to-date satellite images (also offers free 7 day trial period).. however many reputable Egyptian twitter users publish recent images taken from multiple sources.. I recommend to check out @mahmouedgamal44, give him a follow too!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Finally some construction pictures. Look at this beauty shaping up. :love:

It's nice to see such a drive in construction in Egypt.
Incredible scale of the project "R5 Residential District | New Garden City", only wanted would, the buildings were would varied visually, while maintaining the overall "classic character" in this project.
Are there projects of this type in the center of Cairo?

·
23,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It's nice to see such a drive in construction in Egypt.
Incredible scale of the project "R5 Residential District | New Garden City", only wanted would, the buildings were would varied visually, while maintaining the overall "classic character" in this project.
Are there projects of this type in the center of Cairo?
Hopefully there will be a great deal of variation in the facades, as the renders suggest. So far the execution of projects in the new cities has stayed true to the renders, so I'm optimistic that this one won't be a let-down even though there is more complexity involved. As far as Cairo is concerned, the closest I can think of right now is the Maspero Triangle District: CAIRO | Maspero Triangle District Masterplan | Urban...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hopefully there will be a great deal of variation in the facades, as the renders suggest. So far the execution of projects in the new cities has stayed true to the renders, so I'm optimistic that this one won't be a let-down even though there is more complexity involved. As far as Cairo is concerned, the closest I can think of right now is the Maspero Triangle District: CAIRO | Maspero Triangle District Masterplan | Urban...
Yes, taking into account other projects, the buildings in the project will most likely be like in the render.
Thanks for the info CAIRO | Maspero Triangle District Masterplan | Urban... interesting project.

·
23,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The details and proportions look much better on this one than the one posted earlier but it's definitely not a work of art. It could still look better once the windows are installed. It's leaning more towards art deco than Parisian. Never heard of Alam Rasem before, could it be that they're employing different contractors for different buildings? That could explain the difference in execution.

The villas/townhouses look really good, even though I'm not a fan of the dividing wall.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
The biggest thing that I noticed is they're not using red-bricks. Even the most luxurious Apartments and Villas in Egypt tend to be built using red-bricks, eeitheer on the inside, outside or both. I don't see that in the pictures so this will definitely be built with standards and quality in mind.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The details and proportions look much better on this one than the one posted earlier but it's definitely not a work of art. It could still look better once the windows are installed. It's leaning more towards art deco than Parisian. Never heard of Alam Rasem before, could it be that they're employing different contractors for different buildings? That could explain the difference in execution.

The villas/townhouses look really good, even though I'm not a fan of the dividing wall.

The quality is really good, we will expect when there will be other more "French" facades... it is very important that the experiment succeeds, in the future there will be experience so that the historical center of Cairo or Alexandria can be compacted with a high-quality architecture imitating "classical" styles.

·
23,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
The quality is really good, we will expect when there will be other more "French" facades... it is very important that the experiment succeeds, in the future there will be experience so that the historical center of Cairo or Alexandria can be compacted with a high-quality architecture imitating "classical" styles.
One of my issues is the lack of color contrast, although that might be because it's not finished yet? I mean look at the complexity of this one in Downtown Cairo. It's of a completely different caliber.

This is المراسم, a big construction company, and they worked on multiple airports here in Egypt.
I totally botched that, awkward 😂 I've heard of Al Marasem before though.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
It's worth noting that they were never going for "Parisian style" buildings. Their aim was always Art Deco, as can be seen in their renders.
They do look French but only because of the roofing and corner buildings. They definitely borrowed some aspects and merged with Art Deco. It looks amazing IMO.

Attachments

·
23,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Those renders need to be executed to the T, because they are stunning. Look at the details, the material of the facades. In the renders it’s not just plain concrete with one color scheme, like we’re seeing in that nearly finished building. I’m not happy with the execution, from what we’ve seen this far.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
We'll have to wait and see. I have seen many such projects that have applied the detail on the facade after it was completed. It's apparently cheaper.
They just plaster it on, I think.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts