SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
bishoui
1,781 Posts
Those renders need to be executed to the T, because they are stunning.
unfortunately they rarely do, almost always the finish is cheap af and unsatisfactory

I have seen many such projects that have applied the detail on the facade after it was completed
is that so?! i hope thats the case here bc renders and reality are incomparable even the old cairo building is miles ahead of that bland Marasi shit
i have seen a video of the inside of that particular building and apparently architects also went for 3.5m high ceilings and other features like that to resemble those gorgeous khedival, Parisian style cairene buildings

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I can't find examples of older projects that did this in Europe but this is basically what it looks like -
Sorry for the shit music, I just selected the first video.

·
Registered
453 Posts
One of my issues is the lack of color contrast, although that might be because it's not finished yet? I mean look at the complexity of this one in Downtown Cairo. It's of a completely different caliber.

View attachment 640045

I totally botched that, awkward 😂 I've heard of Al Marasem before though.
Of course, this is a building of a different level, both because of the complexity of the facade, and because of the interior: the classical decoration of the front, old elevators and grand staircases, etc. But the "white" building which already built of the project, pretty good for Cairo downtown compaction... in the center of Cairo there are already so many palaces, iconic buildings and just such "classic" buildings are needed as from the project to condense the city center (where it is required) as a background and so that the existing architectural ensembles are not disturbed by something inappropriate more modern. It's a shame they didn't build something like that in the Mespero Triangle project Mespero Triangle | rmc | raafat miller, it would be very appropriate.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Would have hurt them so much to have built all 8 districts on the same style! Even though it's all concret shells at the moment, it's still a work of art and pleasure to look at!

Comparison to the amorphous military-barracks blobs is a crime

41 - 49 of 49 Posts