SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been posted already, but I couldn't find it going back a few pages. This is an hour long Radio 4 program which seems to be as much a social history of post-war Liverpool as well as lots of stuff about tower blocks. I've only listened to the first few minutes, but it sounds very interesting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/archivehour/pip/pfj49/

·
Banned
18,269 Posts
Radio Merseyside are planning to run a 'statue of the month' piece some time soon.

I've been asked to ramble about SLB.

·
800th birthday in 2007
4,192 Posts
Did anyone hear on Radio Merseyside about the Florence Nightingale statue on Parliament/Princess Ave, it is in a vandalised state with part of the face missing and the council want to restore it but can't until they have evidence of what the features look like. If anyone has some old pictures then they could provide this info to the council or the NMGM Conservation centre.

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
JUXTAPOL said:
Did anyone hear on Radio Merseyside about the Florence Nightingale statue on Parliament/Princess Ave, it is in a vandalised state with part of the face missing and the council want to restore it but can't until they have evidence of what the features look like. If anyone has some old pictures then they could provide this info to the council or the NMGM Conservation centre.
There is a fantastic statue of Florence in her home town of Derby and it too has just been restored.
Perhaps the council/ nmgm should ask their colleagues in Derby for pictures(or me - i have some!)

·
Banned
2,602 Posts
L8Hatter said:
Apologies if this has been posted already, but I couldn't find it going back a few pages. This is an hour long Radio 4 program which seems to be as much a social history of post-war Liverpool as well as lots of stuff about tower blocks. I've only listened to the first few minutes, but it sounds very interesting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/archivehour/pip/pfj49/
Thank you L8Hatter. Good ole Radio 4; I intend to listen right now.

:cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts