SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
23,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NAME: Radisson Park Avenue
FLOORS: 6
HEIGHT:
USE:Mixed - Use (Hotel, Commercial, Retail)

The Development is situated on the soon to be exclusive address of Park Avenue overlooking the 2 hectare landscaped park that has been designed around a large feature lake, surrounded by lush gardens, scenic paved walkways and terraced amphitheatre. The park will be the green focus of the new town center and will be surrounded by the most prestige office and retail developments available in KwaZulu-Natal.

Park Avenue is within walking distance of the highly popular Gateway Shopping Complex, one of the largest shopping & entertainment centres in the southern hemisphere, that offers brand name retail outlets, a wide range of restaurants, cinemas, hotels and modern conference centers.

This 37000m² development gives the following options to investors:

2880m² of up market retail shops

6000m² of a-grade offices

146 one-bedroom apartments with rental pool facility

12 spacious 200m² luxury penthouse apartments

500 Parking Bays

Investors can purchase or rent offices from 77m² and retail outlets from 92m² to 500m².

Park Avenue offers a rental pool facility to be managed by an international hotel group and due to it's close proximity to conference centres and the executive office parks there is a strong demand for accommodation. Investors will enjoy the benefit of owning an apartment fully furnished to hotel standards which will then achieve high daily rentals to executives and overseas visitors. This ensures a high yielding investment limited to a maximum of 158 investors.

·
23,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wld love to know who the international operator is! Seems like hotel supply in the area will be huge!

·
South Straddie QLD
10,893 Posts
I hard what they say about its location but could someone show me an ariel or sat immage as I thought all the plots around gateway were built or U/C.
This must be the next tier away from the mall????

·
23,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its the next phase of development, north of gateway, around the new city park which is u/c...about 200m from Palm Boulevard and the Palms Legacy Hotel (which does look similar to this one!! yes durbs boi)

G

·
Umhlanga is on a roll. I can't decide whether or not I like this one, it reminds me of those office park buildings you see in Sandton.

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Durbsboi said:
Gate way looks like a wierd spaceship
This response is a bit late but, um, how do I put it... it IS a spaceship (where have you been and what planet are you living on, bru? Didn't you wonder where the spaceship from 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' went??). :jk:

·
23,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is 100% confirmation from Julian Rankin the developer of Park Avenue

"Units are already on sale, the only units we have available are are exclusive penthouses above all the retail and shops, the penthouses start from R5 000 000 to R8 000 000, the hotel operator will be the Raddison hotel, contruction should start this year July, August."

·
Umhlanga
793 Posts
While I think the nicest Sheratons in the world are more luxurious than the nicest Raddisons, I'd say the average hotel form either chain is equivalent to the other's average hotel. This will be a good addition to the area.

DB, I agree. On the beach at Umhlanga there are choppers (cops, military, lifesaving, private) flying around all day. Surely Moreland could arrange for a helicopter to swing by the Gateway area and snap a few photos.

·
South Straddie QLD
10,893 Posts
raddison was the hotel part of SAS airlines from scandinavia. Hotels are more business orientated and are deffinatly imporoving in leaps and bounds with regard to style and finishing. Sheraton is the poor mans 5* hotel chain and Starwoods is focusing more on their st regis brand and growing the new aqusition le meridian more than on getting shearaton up and rewvitalised. Sheratons like Mariott are still stuck in the 70s convention hotel mindset

·
23,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
While I think the nicest Sheratons in the world are more luxurious than the nicest Raddisons, I'd say the average hotel form either chain is equivalent to the other's average hotel. This will be a good addition to the area.

DB, I agree. On the beach at Umhlanga there are choppers (cops, military, lifesaving, private) flying around all day. Surely Moreland could arrange for a helicopter to swing by the Gateway area and snap a few photos.
They have taken loads of aerial photos recently and use them in all their marketing. i however dont have access to them. cant find them in digital form on their website

·
23,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
raddison was the hotel part of SAS airlines from scandinavia. Hotels are more business orientated and are deffinatly imporoving in leaps and bounds with regard to style and finishing. Sheraton is the poor mans 5* hotel chain and Starwoods is focusing more on their st regis brand and growing the new aqusition le meridian more than on getting shearaton up and rewvitalised. Sheratons like Mariott are still stuck in the 70s convention hotel mindset
so then do you think it is better that this is a raddison?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts