Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Jakes1
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Name: Radisson Hotel
Floors: Appox 25? Render not too clear/ 283 rooms/ 5star
Use: Hotel - with retail already in place (Sandton Isle)

Two New Radisson Hotels In Sa - 2007/05/24

More info regarding Radisson's hotel in Sandton...

The Rezidor Hotel Group, one of the fastest growing hotel companies in the world, is set to open two new Radisson Hotels in South Africa next year – one in the heart of Sandton's upmarket business district and the other in Port Elizabeth's busy beachfront area.

The group which operates 288 hotels with more than 59 800 rooms in 47 countries, already has a South African foothold via the Radisson Hotel on the Atlantic Seaboard of Cape Town and a second hotel under the mid-market Park Inn brand located on Green Market Square, Cape Town.

The new Radisson Sandton, a 283 bedroom hotel, will be situated close to the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and Sandton Convention Centre; the Radisson Port Elizabeth is currently being built on the Summerstand Beachfront with 173 bedrooms. Both are scheduled to open late in 2008.

Both properties will be new landmarks and feature the contemporary and chic Radisson "new breed" style. They are both luxury hotels and offer sport swimming pools, sundecks, wellness and gym areas, restaurants and bars as well as conference areas, meeting rooms and business centres.

Kurt Ritter, President and CEO of The Rezidor Group - which is listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange – says, "South Africa is an important and growing market for the group's organic business development and a destination for both business and leisure travellers. The government has prioritised tourism as a key economic sector and international arrivals increase continually; this is expected to continue growing beyond 2010 when SA hosts the Soccer World Cup."

The Rezidor Hotel Group has such confidence in South Africa and the rest of the continent that it has recently opened a Business Development office in Cape Town and appointed Andrew McLachlan as its director to build on the group's spectacular success in Europe, the Middle East and Russia in Africa. McLachlan who has extensive experience in the hotel industry throughout Africa is already assisting potential hotel owners, developers, financiers and other tourism industry professionals.

He adds, "We have recognized Africa's growing potential and the drastic lack of hotels in many countries throughout the continent and have developed a suite of services including access to investment funds, to assist in creating more facilities for business and leisure travellers and tourists."

·
Jakes1
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HAHA! Look closer at the render... You can see how it has been superimposed on top of the current construction site. Just off the right you can see a crane sticking out - it is currently busy with the parkade of 10F at the base of this building. And top left you can see another part of a crane sticking out.

This pic was taken from a newspaper clip. Hopefully I can get better renders, and some updated pics on the construction site.

·
23,157 Posts
nice to see! but one of you guys created a thread for this hotel about 2 weeks ago

·
Jakes1
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Couldn't find the thread, and we had no images. Now we have images. Will need to open quite a few threads for sandton, but don't really have the time at this stage. The new holiday inn is quite big... And I cant find any info on it.

·
Jakes1
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, this thread wins!

1. I created it
2. It has a pic
3. It has a pic
4. I created it
5. I couldn't find the other one...

·
23,157 Posts
lol, then lets find our AWOL mod to delete the other... byt the way where has he been?? i think we need a new one

·
Jakes1
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats good enough for me

Jakes I declare you the weena
thank you! otherwise I would have to resort to throwing a tantrum in order to get my way! But let us now discuss this wonderful structure going up in Sandton. It is already at level 12 I think. Will try to get some construction pics today.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Largest 5-star hotels in Johannesburg

1. Sandton Sun & Towers InterContinental - 565 room - built 1984/1993
2. Sandton Hilton - 329 rooms - built 1997
3. Sandton Radisson - 283 rooms - opening 2008
3. Palazzo InterContinental - 246 rooms - built 2000
4. Park Hyatt Rosebank - 244 rooms - built 1995
5. Michaelangelo Hotel - 242 rooms - built 1996

·
Jakes1
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think this dev is going to rock... and it has a very nice floorcount!

And i am posting this in the hope to get some discussion going! Goodness, you post the pics and then people look past them. And they get googa about 2f developments in the namib!

1 - 20 of 230 Posts