SkyscraperCity banner

6561 - 6570 of 6570 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Although I'm not against transit rail or something i do believe BRT would solve problem easier, cheaper, faster and equally efficient as LRT/MRT system. Because one of the reason why BRT has been canceled is because redundancy especially in LRT3 section even BRT shown to be more problem solving than LRT/MRT. But its government initiative they want to focus on rail connectivity rather then BRT.

There's 12 BRT corridor planned, 1 has been sorted out even by not realizing this, another 11 corridor for BRT already changed status as 'future 11 MRT/LRT lines'. There's so many reason why they opt this way even population would choose BRT as its more 'economical' but for 'economist' its BRT not wealth, business or GDP generating, they rather choose debt for economic growth. Sad but truth.

·
Registered
101,310 Posts
Jakarta is the biggest BRT corridor in Asean while Singapore, KL, Bangkok are rail corridor. The city of rail not even a BRT mooted at the very beginning while JKT is another story. For KL itself we heard about tram project rather than BRT LOL

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Although I'm not against transit rail or something i do believe BRT would solve problem easier, cheaper, faster and equally efficient as LRT/MRT system. Because one of the reason why BRT has been canceled is because redundancy especially in LRT3 section even BRT shown to be more problem solving than LRT/MRT. But its government initiative they want to focus on rail connectivity rather then BRT.

There's 12 BRT corridor planned, 1 has been sorted out even by not realizing this, another 11 corridor for BRT already changed status as 'future 11 MRT/LRT lines'. There's so many reason why they opt this way even population would choose BRT as its more 'economical' but for 'economist' its BRT not wealth, business or GDP generating, they rather choose debt for economic growth. Sad but truth.
KL bandaraya kaya, populasi tinggi dan padat jadi sesuai la ada rail based transit. Pastu nak buat BRT ada isu juga sebab banyak jalan utama KL selain highway bertingkat adala 2 - 4 lane, mau mati tutup satu lane mcm kat Jalan Ampang. Jadi LRT/MRT dilihat lebih menawan sbb tak kacau org lain naik kereta. Tapi kalau nak elevated BRT ble je utk mcm Jalan Ampang bagi saya.

BRT atas jalan mungkin sesuai kot untuk area metro JB sbb sana kepadatan masih tak setinggi KL dan ada urban sprawl yang luas.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Untuk selesaikan masalah kesesakan jalan raya, mesti utamakan pejalan kaki 'on ground level' dan pengangkutan awam. Dalam hal ini, kenderaan persendirian mesti diletakkan dalam pilihan kedua.

Sistem BRT lebih fleksibel dan efisyen. 200+km korridor BRT boleh dibina dengan kos satu line MRT. Dan terbukti berkesan di 167+ bandar di dunia. Boleh rujuk Tehran, Bogota dan Jakarta.

Malaysia masih lagi dengan SUKE-DUKE3 sementara Seoul sudah memperkenalkan highway removal projects sejak tahun 80an dan jiran kita pon dah mengadaptasi dengan sistem PT mereka.

Trams might be another alternative for sprawling city like Greater KL if policy makers and our people really like expensive, shiny toys.🤷‍♀️ Or just stop treating bus and PT users as third class citizen.
Now, we're far more advanced than JKT but at current state, we're regressing in terms of PT and they're heading towards right direction. Let's see what happens in the next 10-15 years. Keep torturing those pedestrians dear KL planners.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
the biggest problem with implementing BRT in KV is how exactly to implement it. the BRT is in simple form is giving a dedicated right of way to the buses. it's basically a glorified version of SG bus system.

if we see this map most of the bus routes line is already serve by MRT/LRT. the only exception is jln Pahang, genting Klang & Ampang. but all of these roads aren't exactly highway surrounded with low density.

so if BRT is build along federal, sprint,ldp & Cheras highway. it May took away passanger from current LRT/MRT. the elevated line would only be 'atttactive' to people who use park &.ride or live near a station. for people who relied on shuttle bus they might as well just continue riding the bus as it would be much faster to get to their destination.

but we can't afford to build BRT on jln Ampang/Klang lama & Pahang either. even though these route are currently not serve by LRT it is not exactly a highway either. building BRT here would overwhelmed the road due to the area having quite a high density. just look at how many busses operate at jln Ampang. even if we give those busses a dedicated lane it would still be bogged down due to the huge numbers of bus.

technically there's no problem with replication, bus in SG afterall are competing with MRT rather than just suplimenting it. but SG has a huge number of PT users because driving is expensive and SMRT isn't exactly under financial pressure like prasarana as they can finance their OPEX because of their high exchange rate & CAPEX though the state monopoly on land.

as much as I like to blame planners & politikus. it probably good to realize that we ourselves are the one giving mix signal to them. even in this forums we have people who want wide pedestrian walkway & at grade PT, others wanted the widest possible roads & elevated PT "to get out of their way". we used to relied on "authoritarianism" for decision making but since we had dismantle it we currently have no mechanism to decide which opposing views should get implemented.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
as much as I like to blame planners & politikus. it probably good to realize that we ourselves are the one giving mix signal to them. even in this forums we have people who want wide pedestrian walkway & at grade PT, others wanted the widest possible roads & elevated PT "to get out of their way". we used to relied on "authoritarianism" for decision making but since we had dismantle it we currently have no mechanism to decide which opposing views should get implemented.
THIS, SO MUCH. 😠

We can't even agree on what form do our public transport/road network meet and mingle!! Every form of road/PT we support shall have benefits and drawbacks (personally, I shall give out a Hot Take: No new roads. Period.) but it seems we can't even make a consensus on that! Not to mention which drawbacks are we willing to personally swallow!

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
RapidKL seems to have introduced some new service where some AM peak trains only stop at Wangsa Maju and Setiawangsa when going from Gombak to Ampang Park, details on their website.

Anyone has any on the ground comments?

·
Ice Bear wants answers.
1,036 Posts
I'm not sure if they have more services than the one listed, but during normal times they would have wanted to run such pattern every 20 minutes during morning rush hours. I previously used Dato Keramat in the morning to get to work near Ampang Park, and oftentimes the train would by the time at Dato Keramat be too crowded.

I also feel this whole "Express" service thing would have worked better if KJL had sections where trains could bypass others...

6561 - 6570 of 6570 Posts