SkyscraperCity banner

1961 - 1980 of 6568 Posts

·
All Urban
4,348 Posts
I'll give Nazri some credit

the govt shd force komuter and rapid kl to integrate their fare since both belongs to the govt. right now everytime i switch mode i pay. if u view it as a system then to have a damansara sri subang komuter line make sense and then chan sow lin to cheras lrt will save the govt quite some money. You still have the 2 points linked ie damansara to city and cheras to city..... this is the objective.

all the current policy are firefighting by nature. when you tender the new lrt line before the establishing of the PTC the same old problem of integration will happen again becos of lack of coordination right from now.

nazri recently make a confusing statement of the tasik selatan bus terminal catering for all bus instead of the southern busses onli is a case in point. our ministers are not dependable becos they never qualify what they say before saying it
Nazri was appointed to take charge of the improvements to the CVLB and fixing up public transport (bus and taxi) service so that it is in some reasonable shape before the Public Transport Commission is created.

He was chosen to do this not more than 1 month ago - and has done a lot already - taking some action - but a lot more needs to be done.

Still - I'll give him credit for admitting that he was wrong.

Nazri: ITT for South-bound buses only

Check out my latest letter - it's really a fun one

PUBLIC TRANSPORT: CVLB should look to RapidKL for the answers

Gives a whole different picture of what the other operators have been saying.

Cheers, m

·
Infrastructure
8,038 Posts
Tanjung Malim railway station after the commencement of KTM Komuter service in 1st June 2009

Date : 14/6/2009

Banner seen on Jalan Stesen, Tanjung Malim station is probably the only station along Rawang-Ipoh project to feature two entrances with ticket counter on both sides, unlike Ipoh and every other stations/halts in the project...

Car park lot near secondary entrance of the station (Jalan Stesen)

Secondary entrance of the station (Jalan Stesen side)

Ticket vending machines in the secondary entrance

Passenger information board

Exit from the secondary entrance

Main entrance of the station (Jalan Ketoyong side)

Apart from familiar looking turnstiles from Omron, this station also features turnstiles from another brand, unlike the regular Omron turnstiles used on all stations along Rawang - Tanjung Malim route, these turnstiles support contactless card (Touch n Go), but for now...you cannot use it yet...

Separate lane for Touch n Go users

Driving lane in front of the main entrance

·
All Urban
4,348 Posts
great photos!

TWK90, great photos of Tg. Malim station.

I have made a posting and added a link to TRANSIT's website.

Im not sure who took the photos so I just give multiple credit

Cheers, m

·
Bushido
1,283 Posts
What do you guys think if KTM restructure their komuter service by terminating (or starting) all their KTM commuter trains at KL Sentral.
With proper scheduling we can have the trains arrive at the station with another trains ready at adjacent platform for continuation trip. So, the service can be divided into 4 lines - Rawang (or Tj Malim), Seremban, Sentul (soon Batu Caves) and Port Klang.

By doing that, the trains will start journey from KL Sentral with empty trainsets.
This will definately ease the "pushing and shoving" action at KL Sentral during peak hours.

What do you guys think?

·
Infrastructure
8,038 Posts
Land clearing near Seremban station? If i remembered, last year, the area was covered with grass and some trees...

·
Registered
101,272 Posts
Public upset over closure of parking space
Saturday June 27, 2009
By YIP YOKE TENG

LRT users are upset that the already scarce parking space near the Taman Jaya station in Petaling Jaya has been further reduced following the closure of part of the car park there.

A reader wrote in to express her disappointment over the closure of part of the private car park located next to Amcorp Mall and said that it had caused inconvenience to LRT users.

Several checks conducted by StarMetro found that dozens of parking bays located under TNB electricity pylons had been barricaded while the bays available were all snapped up before 8.30am.

“The parking area can accommodate the cars of those who park here and use the LRT to get to work in Kuala Lumpur and beyond but it is closed to the public now,” the reader said.

“Not many LRT stations have park-and-ride facilities as large as this. The Kelana Jaya station has many bays but all are taken up by 7.30am. If I have to leave my house earlier to reach there in time to get a bay, I might as well drive to work,” she said.

When contacted, TNB confirmed that the company wanted to build a Main Intake Substation (PMU) on the said land.

“Ownership of the land was given to TNB by the Petaling District Land Office on Dec 13, 1984. Due to low demand for electricity at that time, the management decided to postpone the construction of the PMU and as such the land was temporarily leased out to the car park operator,” said a TNB spokesman.

He said the management recently decided to revive the PMU project and the car park operator was notified to move out on May 20.

“We also wish to inform the public that TNB will take the necessary steps to ensure safety procedures in the construction of the PMU, especially in terms of ensuring non-encroachment into the construction site by the public,” he added.

·
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN
38,395 Posts
LRT service disrupted an hour

KUALA LUMPUR: Tree branches that fell on the Ampang Light Transit Rail (LRT) track caused about an hour’s disruption of the service between the Chan Sow Lin and Pudu LRT stations yesterday.

The operator of the LRT service, Rangkaian Pengangkutan Integrasi Deras Sdn Bhd (RapidKL), said the service was stopped at 3.34pm to facilitate clearing of the fallen branches.

It added that free shuttle buses were provided to ferry the affected passengers between the two stations so that they could continue their journey. — Bernama

·
Registered
101,272 Posts
New Four-Car Trains
SPNB
The Star - 18 August 2008

New Four-Car Trains from Bombadier

New four-car LRT trains in Klang Valley by next year
Friday June 13, 2008, TheStar

PETALING JAYA: The new four-car light rail transit trains for the Kelana Jaya LRT line in the Klang Valley are expected to start operations by the end of next year.

The trains are capable of carrying more than twice the load of the current two-car trains.

In 2006, Syarikat Prasarana Negara Bhd signed the RM1.2bil deal with the Bombardier-Hartasuma consortium for 22 trains, with an option for a further purchase of 13 trains.

The trains are being manufactured by Canadian company Bombardier and will be assembled by Hartasuma Sdn Bhd in Malaysia.

According to details made available at the Rail Solutions Asia exhibition, each train will have 32 seats and can comfortably carry 740 passengers, compared with the present load of 370 people per train.

Under “crush load” situations, the trains can carry 944 passengers. The current trains can only handle 472 passengers.

The new trains, which will be operated by RapidKL, will enable the capacity of the Kelana Jaya line to be increased by another 191,000 passengers daily.
BOMBARDIER MEXICO BUILDS WAGONS FOR KUALA LUMPUR'S LIGHT RAIL TRANSIT (LRT)
Monday, March 16, 2009

Bombardier Mexico designs and builds new wagons for the Light Rail Transit system of Kuala Lumpur. With the support of PROMEXICO, the Ambassador of Mexico Jorge Alberto Lozoya recently visited in Port Klang the factory of Malaysian corporation Ara Rails, where assembling of the prototype wagons fabricated in Ciudad Sahagun, Mexico, is taking place.

Ambassador Lozoya was received by Dr. Abdul Rahman Abdul Halim, Executive Director of Hartasuma Sdn Bhd and by Mr. C. Sreejith, Chief Executive Officer of Ara Rails Technology Sdn Bhd who explained that Bombardier Mexico will fabricate 142 wagons during the next two years, especially designed in Mexico according to the needs of Malaysian customers.

During his visit the diplomat was greeted by the six Mexican technicians that will remain in Malaysia during several months in order to familiarize local workers with the improvements generated by the new technology.

·
Registered
101,272 Posts
Pudu LRT area haven for criminals
Teoh El Sen
Monday, July 6th, 2009 06:56:00

TOO DARK: The walkway near Jalan Sarawak
is said to be a haunt for violent robbers

NOBODY takes a after-dark stroll down the streets around Jalan Pudu without a heart-pounding fear of being robbed. We can now add another street to this list of unsafe places.

In April, Malay Mail highlighted the high number of snatch thefts and robberies at the "black triangle" of Jalan Changkat Thambi Dollah especially during weekends.

We now have learnt that another spot close by is also a hot bed of criminal activity.

A reader alerted us that near the Pudu LRT parking lot, adjacent to Jalan Pudu, is a pedestrian bridge that is totally without lighting - a sure invitation to robbers.

"Every hawker in San Peng surely has a story to tell. The crimes start from 10pm till 6am and especially vulnerable are those going back late or going to pasar early.

We've heard of some who have grown notorious for hitting people on the head with bats before they rob their victims. Very evil," said the reader, identified only as Wong.

It is believed that vandals may have spoilt the lighting system at the walkway. And sure enough, when Malay Mail visited the area on Thursday at 2.30am, an elderly man had just been robbed half-an-hour earlier.

A dazed Cheah Ah Sing, 62, said he was confronted by two young men on a motorcycle when he was walking home about 2am.

"They asked me for my IC rudely, claiming to be cops. I showed them my identity card and suddenly one of them just grabbed my wallet and kicked me," said Cheah, who lost about RM50 and even his house keys.

Though he could not really remember the number plate or the men's faces, Cheah made a police report at the Cheras police district headquarters.

Another victim, Keong, a 32-year-old restaurant worker, said he was beaten up in March by robbers. He has since stopped working at a hotel because of the lack of security.

"Too many times. It's too dangerous to work at night here," he said.

Keong was surrounded by a group of about seven youths on motorbikes in March when he was walking home from his hotel receptionist job late one night.

"They chased me till I reached Jalan Sarawak and they hit me with chains and iron rods," he said, adding that he suffered bruises to his head and shoulders, and lost about RM100 and documents. Keong added that three other times, he got lucky and spotted them before they could get near him.

Earlier this year, a report in a Malay daily claimed that of 1,206 criminal cases involving robbery and snatch thefts in Kuala Lumpur since early this year, more than 100 were believed to be in Jalan Changkat Thambi Dollah.

Reacting to the worrying numbers, Kuala Lumpur police stepped up operations city-wide and have reduced the increasing crime rate by about 16 per cent to date.

> http://www.mmail.com.my/content/7224-pudu-lrt-area-haven-criminals

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Kelana Jaya Line 4-car train interior.

The design seems to be following very closely to the Vancouver Skytrain where the windows have an upper half that can be opened. The updated look seems fresh - RAPID KL colours everywhere. Would need to get a better look of the whole car though before we can get a good idea of the full range of features available.

·
All Urban
4,348 Posts
Kelana Jaya Line 4-car train interior.

The design seems to be following very closely to the Vancouver Skytrain where the windows have an upper half that can be opened. The updated look seems fresh - RAPID KL colours everywhere. Would need to get a better look of the whole car though before we can get a good idea of the full range of features available.
I'm sure that Bombardier has some plans lying around somewhere. Did you find any other good photos? I cannot seem to find the whole story and no one posted the link.

Im concerned that they are using the regular straps and grab bars still. Most cities have moved to antibacterial surfaces.

Cheers, m

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
1961 - 1980 of 6568 Posts