Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I was trying to buy a discounted night ticket for a Wien-Krakow o/w trip on oebb.at website for this August.
The schedule says there are rail works until 13 June 2014 on the line.
However, it's impossible to buy such a ticket from June on, and OeBB customer service told me that their polish counterpart apparently hasn't opened reservations yet, and they don't know anything else so far.
I feel kinda lost, does any of you polish friends in KRK/KTW/North CZ area know what kind of rail works are they doing, why I can't buy the ticket even if the rail works should end on 13 June, or anything that could be useful to me (and I can't find because the relevant information is written in polish on some .pl website)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :hi:

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Hello,
I was trying to buy a discounted night ticket for a Wien-Krakow o/w trip on oebb.at website for this August.
The schedule says there are rail works until 13 June 2014 on the line.
However, it's impossible to buy such a ticket from June on, and OeBB customer service told me that their polish counterpart apparently hasn't opened reservations yet, and they don't know anything else so far.
In PL, railway infrastructure operator published schedule only to the 14 June so it's not possible to buy ticket yet. Annual timetable is divided into six parts: December 15, 2013 - March 8, 2014;9 III 2014 - 26 April 2014; April 27, 2014 -14 VI of 2014; 15 June 2014 - 31 August 2014; September 1, 2014 - October 11, 2014; 12 X 2014 - 13 December 2014.
21 days before 14 June timetable which you are interested in will be published.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
It' just 5 weeks to 13/6, does it happen every year or is it due to rail works? When is the summer schedule usually published?
Thanks
It's yearly in Poland. ;)
Few years ago we had less changes than nowadays, but now PLK work a lot with rail infrastructure.
As I said - 21 days before they are obligated to publish new schedule. Usually it is that 21 days.

·
Registered
28,505 Posts
It is every year. A timetable for all the year (traditionally from December to December) is also published, but it has nothing in common with the reality (I suppose it's just to fulfill the norms), so it's not weird that it is not applied in tickets selling systems.

Since the previous year the infrastructure operator is responsible for publishing the schedule, so it's at least somehow ordered. Before it was the carriers.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: I'm done with OeBB and Polish Railways keeping blaming each other and writing that I have to keep waiting. I've been waiting for 3 months, I can't wait more because I have to plan things in advance, the new timetables are already valid up to 31st August, and still I can't buy any direct train between Wien and Krakow, nor buy discounted tickets (SparSchiene).

I ended up with Polskibus, which is much cheaper and actually sells something I can buy. :)

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Update: I'm done with OeBB and Polish Railways keeping blaming each other and writing that I have to keep waiting. I've been waiting for 3 months, I can't wait more because I have to plan things in advance, the new timetables are already valid up to 31st August, and still I can't buy any direct train between Wien and Krakow, nor buy discounted tickets (SparSchiene).

I ended up with Polskibus, which is much cheaper and actually sells something I can buy. :)
Week ago I bought tickets from Wien to Katowice for the beginning of August. So maybe you checked inaccurate?

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The direct train that goes to Krakow is not via Katowice but via Ostrava and Oswiecim. Polish Railways tells that if sales for D406 train (and discounted tickets) are not unlocked (even if updated timetables have been released), then it's OeBB's fault. OeBB states that Polish Railways has to unlock sales. In both cases "you have to wait". I waited more than enough, I can't spend more time dealing with sales issues, not to mention that SparSchiene tickets are gone if you don't book a few weeks in advance.

Also, Polskibus will stop at Katowice, so I'll have a couple of hours to take a breath in city centre. :yes:

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
The direct train that goes to Krakow is not via Katowice but via Ostrava and Oswiecim.
Also, Polskibus will stop at Katowice, so I'll have a couple of hours to take a breath in city centre. :yes:
I know, but I'm just wondering how sale can be blocked only on one train. :eek:hno:
EOT:
Katowice, beautiful city. :D But the city center is under construction so you have to watch out! ;)
More here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1442196

Reactions: flapane
1 - 11 of 11 Posts