SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey wats up ...
I'm doing a little research for my stupid geography class and would like to know how often it rains (per year) in as many Canadian provinces as i can possibly find... even if you have sources for some of the American states that would be great, cuz i need them too ... :)
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
331 Posts
There's a book called Fodor's world weather guide, or something like that, which has weather from a number of cities... not every province though.

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys :D And thanks oceanmdx! That link helped a lot! I dunno why i didnt think of it.

·
Mr. Haney(Cruz) for Pres.
2,644 Posts
Hey touraccuracy, isn't it weird that the southern tip of James Bay is dry as a bone? I didn't know that.

·
У Борщин
1,204 Posts
oceanmdx said:
Hey touraccuracy, isn't it weird that the southern tip of James Bay is dry as a bone? I didn't know that.
That caught my eye too... it's especially weird how the other side of the bay is a medium hue of blue in the annual precip. And then in the july one its even more weird since the entire surrounding is blue, and just that white spot. Very weird.

·
Registered
973 Posts
It looks like Southern BC is one of the dryest parts of Canada during the summer. That doesnt really suprise me though, because every time I visit eastern Canada for my summer Vacation it seems to rain. When I visted Toronto it Rain every day I was there and it was only sunny for 2 days during my whole 2 week Ontario/Quebec Trip.

Acctualy according to the weathernetwork it rains twice as much in Toronto during the summer then Vancouver.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Thats pretty interesting. I didn't beleive it so I looked it up as well. For the 3 summer months, Toronto is wetter 2.7-3 inches vs. 1.42-1.8 inches. However, in the 6 other months, Van is a lot wetter 4.15-6.58 inches compared with 2.4-2.9 inches. With totals being Vancity 43.99 inches vs Toronto's 32.2 inches. Though, Toronto's rainfall seems to be more consistent with less variation, Vancity has more variation.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I can believe it. Vancouver has really nice summers. Little precipitation, no smog, no humidity, long sunny warm days.

Winter though is a whole other story.

·
Mr. Haney(Cruz) for Pres.
2,644 Posts
Nate said:
That caught my eye too... it's especially weird how the other side of the bay is a medium hue of blue in the annual precip. And then in the july one its even more weird since the entire surrounding is blue, and just that white spot. Very weird.
I checked out the area (southern part of James Bay) and there is an Indian reserve called Waskaganish at that location. I guess it's a dry reserve. :jk:

·
Registered
973 Posts
^HAHAHAHAHA!

Yes Vancouver's summer weather is among the best any where in the world. A nice pacific breeze blows all the smog east, the daytime tempature is usally perfect about 28 and its rarely much above 30. It rains less then half as much as Calgary, Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg and Halifax.

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
crazyjoeda said:
^HAHAHAHAHA!

Yes Vancouver's summer weather is among the best any where in the world. A nice pacific breeze blows all the smog east, the daytime tempature is usally perfect about 28 and its rarely much above 30. It rains less then half as much as Calgary, Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg and Halifax.
Sounds awesome! I always find temperatures over 30 is too hot .... is it windy in vancouver in the summer time? + Is it warm/cold wind?

·
Registered Idiot
1,671 Posts
crazyjoeda said:
^HAHAHAHAHA!

That goes with saying really, what does Vancouver have that isnt "among the best in the world" to you. I love the line "the daytime tempature is usally perfect about 28" errr, no isnt. Vancouver averaged 24C last summer and that was above normal.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yea, 28c is pushing it as a norm. It's usually between 22-25c. Those Pacific breezes can be quite chilly too especially along Beach Ave.

One nice thing though is that Vancouver enjoys really long days in the summer because it's further north. Sucks in the winter cause it's the reverse but in the summer it's nice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another thing I really like about being farther north is that the sunsets are alot longer. It usually take the sun about an hour to set. Last time I was down in California I noticed shorted sunsets right away. The sun would only take about 15 minutes to go down. It seemed wierd to go from a sunny day to night so quickly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts