SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At last we got nice weather here, after a lot of dark&rainy days today in the very evening sun was shining again :) So at last i was able to make another photo trip around Vilnius old town ;)

I hope you will enjoy.
Update. You will find more pics in the 2nd page ;)

Update.. oh yes ;) You will find even more pictures in next page :)

A little bit more pictures added.. just look for them in 3th page

:)

We will continue.. i hope..:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
very nice Geex :eek:kay: so clean and pleasant everywhere ;)

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
How perfectly lovely, Geex! :applause:

You start out with St. Anne's & St. Brigid's, then take us through the old streets and courtyards, past nicely restored old buildings, past the Presidential Palace and finally to Cathedral Square. I walked these streets with John last summer, and I have the fondest memories of my visit. :)

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Some of those smaller houses are ornate and beautiful! Interesting to see that the covering sheet of one building (which is under reconstruction) has got painted facade of the building on it. Are there some more cases like this in Vilnius? (Because in Riga this trend is just starting)

·
in action
2,120 Posts
Awesome thread, Geex :eek:kay:

Gatis said:
Some of those smaller houses are ornate and beautiful! Interesting to see that the covering sheet of one building (which is under reconstruction) has got painted facade of the building on it. Are there some more cases like this in Vilnius? (Because in Riga this trend is just starting)
I see this first time too :D

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Everybody thanks for comments. :) I really hope to post more pics in next page. ;)

@Gatis it seem's just like always Baltic states do everything at the same time, in Vilnius this trend just started too :)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jarmo said:
whoa, very cool!

i really love the yellow building with black/red details... must be the only classicistic building i like :D

thanks dude!!!

BTW i found few older pictures of this building.

·
ze kreat ant ze onli
58 Posts
Really nice pictures! I don´t know much about Vilinus at all but it is great that they have renovated a lot of the old inner city :)

Btw, how big is Vilinus? I think that the other Baltic cities such as Riga and Tallinn ( going o.t. now) should invest in an underground network to ease transportation whitin the cities. Riga was on its way to build one in the late 80´s but the independence and the fact that the proposed Soviet-style underground would have damaged a lot of the buildings in the inner city changed the idea. Do Vilinus have trams or trolley buses? If not, it seems to be a city big enough to have such a public transportation system.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@solbyair it's Vilnius ;)

Anyway for now Vilnius population is about 570 000 and as for Vilnius we don't need underground network (it would be just too expensive to city of this size) and i think Tallinn don't need such things too. Maybe in the future, but not in near future. ;)

Vilnius have Buses and Trolley buses for now. They plan to begin construction of tram network in 2007. ;)

·
Banned
748 Posts
solbyair said:
Really nice pictures! I don´t know much about Vilinus at all but it is great that they have renovated a lot of the old inner city :)

Btw, how big is Vilinus? I think that the other Baltic cities such as Riga and Tallinn ( going o.t. now) should invest in an underground network to ease transportation whitin the cities. Riga was on its way to build one in the late 80´s but the independence and the fact that the proposed Soviet-style underground would have damaged a lot of the buildings in the inner city changed the idea. Do Vilinus have trams or trolley buses? If not, it seems to be a city big enough to have such a public transportation system.
Vilnius has trolleybuses and does not have trams. The size of Vilnius is in the middle of Tallinn and Riga - bigger than Tallinn and smaller than Riga.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Now it`s raining in Riga :)

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
WOW ! Vilnius is very very beautiful !! I love those ornate buildings within the old town !!!! Great stuff, keep 'em coming !!!! Your city is truely beautiful ! ;)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
designwise said:
WOW ! Vilnius is very very beautiful !! I love those ornate buildings within the old town !!!! Great stuff, keep 'em coming !!!! Your city is truely beautiful ! ;)
Thanks. I will keep 'em coming. ;)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts