Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Capital City
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.bizjournals.com/edit_special/65.html

-- 1. Raleigh: This is the only market to finish in the top 10 in three key categories: population growth, job growth, and the percentage of young adults with college degrees. Raleigh is also blessed with a relatively low cost of living.
2. Austin

3. Washington, DC

4. Las Vegas

5. Phoenix

6. Salt Lake City

7. Charlotte

8. Seattle

9. Orlando

10. Houston

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
No surprise :) All cities listed above - with the exception of Washington DC, I think - have been experiencing tremendous growth, even during the tougher times. Nice recognition for our city. I am also glad to see Charlotte in this list :eek:kay:

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
^For all practical purposes, Washington should also be included as a city that has been experiencing tremendous growth. The district's boundaries are set so the city itself cannot annex any new territory, but the metro area has been exploding; out of the top 10, it ranks 4th in terms of raw growth from 2000-2007. I hope to move there one day myself.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
^^
Well, let's say it is still a very good place to live and raise a family, regardless of its tremendous growth. Sometimes I hate seeing Raleigh on lists like this, mainly because I am afraid people here may grow too confident and stop improving things. You see, the growth rate also added a lot of irresponsible suburban developments into the fabric of the city. Some day, people will begin to hate this lifestyle and eventually seek other places to live. Not that we don't have an increase in options for urban living, but maybe we are not moving fast enough in implementing stricter urban guidelines.

While I do not see Raleigh becoming the city of future in US, I do believe that Raleigh's future is bright... The best is yet to come, I think :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts