SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Looks impressive....but I think its really stupid that the view behind the anchor desk will be the newsroom. The whole point of doing a downtown studio is to involve the people on the street...so the street should be the background....thats how WBTV in Charlotte did it...as well as NBC Today, CNN AM, Fox News & Friends...etc.

Hopefully that achor desk is movable and they can make it to a 180.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
The studio looks pretty cool and I think people will see it as a nice feature to have in our downtown. Like uptownliving, I am not sure I like the idea of the anchor desk facing the crowd, but then again I would hate to see every moron making gestures in the background. Anyway, I drove by Martin Street last night and I must say I was impressed to see the studio from that distance... It adds a lot to Fayetteville Street.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Anyone find it interesting that WTVD "the Durham station" is helping in Raleigh's DT revitalization and WRAL "the Raleigh station" 's parent company is helping in DT Durham's revitalization. I mean I know its in their best interest to reach across the metro, (If WRAL were to have a DT Raleigh studio, there is too much overlap with their main studio which is about a mile away. ) but I just find the whole situation interesting.

While I prefer WRAL, it does seem that WTVD is much better about covering things related to DT Raleigh.

·
Capital City
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I find that both cover DT Raleigh pretty well, but you have to understand that WRAZ, FOX50 is actually based in downtown Durham. So Capitol Broadcasting does have a stake in that area also. I think WTVD has started covering DT Raleigh more b/c now they have a stake in its revitalization and it would benefit them for more people to come downtown to see the studio and possibly watch them when they got home.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I like the idea of TV stations reaching beyond their base-city. It would have been very helpful if they had a news segment dealing with downtowns across the state. That way people would hear and learn more about what is going on around the state. Guess I am asking for too much :(

·
Registered
124 Posts
Raleigh-NC said:
I like the idea of TV stations reaching beyond their base-city. It would have been very helpful if they had a news segment dealing with downtowns across the state. That way people would hear and learn more about what is going on around the state. Guess I am asking for too much :(

Heck yea!! That would be great.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
astro said:
Heck yea!! That would be great.
I figured, with all these announcements taking place in ALL NC cities, there is a lot to be presented. Enough to generate excitement and momentum for the entire state. A developer with focus on local developments does not necessarily know much about what is happening in other cities. I say that with confidence because I've met this kind of individuals. A "focus on downtown" type of documentaries can easily introduce people to the great things happening in our state's major cities, as well as arm local developers with confidence and the tools they need to proceed with similar developments - of urban form. I find it hard to believe that our downtowns cannot benefit and learn from other success stories within our state. The way I see this happening is if different North Carolina TV stations cooperate; a TV station in the Triad can easily create a 10-15 minute weekly documentary and share it with a station in Wilmington.

Who knows, some day this may happen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts