SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 408 Posts

·
9,248 Posts
Yeah, thats why I think they can start the construction really fast.
The building will be much cheaper to build as the bulk of the work that takes long time is already done.
It is also much lower risk for the buyers (even though Azorim has pretty bad rep).

·
Banned
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They were on the verge of going bankrupt and this was one of the reasons why the original plans for Elite tower were scrapped.
No the previous owner was in debt because of the huge loan he took to buy it
the company was sold in 2011

·
9,248 Posts
Unless they have to change building's plans for the various planning committees, because the the height has changed,building use has changed etc.
In that case it could take more time.

·
Banned
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unless they have to change building's plans for the various planning committees, because the the height has changed,building use has changed etc.
In that case it could take more time.
why do you think it has changed?
it was approved for 70 floors even for a long time
Im sure while they do the basements they can finish approving everything

the biggest question is how tall (meters) it will be?

·
9,248 Posts
Because the original plans were for a different amount of floors?
Also the use of the tower has been changed.
Originally it was office/residences, now its pure residential (with a separate office tower nearby).
Those changes require new permits I think.
Obviously it shouldn't require as much paperwork as the project did originally, but some permits are still needed.

@Masterjohn18, original plans called for the same height as City Gate so 232 meters (244 above sea level).
Now it probably will be much less because :
1. Its less floors (original plans were for 70/80/68 towers at different times).
2. Its now pure residential so each floor to ceiling is less then it used to be.

·
Registered
26 Posts
all i did was comparing it to W tower
W tower : 44 Floors , 156m
Azorim Elite R. : 60 Floors , ?m
==> (60/40) * 156 = 212.7m
that's why I chose this numer as my guess :)

Btw, regarding the office tower in the same lot .. Is it the diamond tower ? how many flrs ? height ?

·
9,248 Posts
Diamond tower?
I dont think the planned office tower on the lot has a name yet.
From what I remember it is supposed to be 28 floors (but don't quote me on that).
There are also 2 more residential towers (Mazlawi) u/c on the lot as well (at the far end of the pit).

·
Banned
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
all i did was comparing it to W tower
W tower : 44 Floors , 156m
Azorim Elite R. : 60 Floors , ?m
==> (60/40) * 156 = 212.7m
that's why I chose this numer as my guess :)

Btw, regarding the office tower in the same lot .. Is it the diamond tower ? how many flrs ? height ?
we really cant know the height until they start marketing
in the news and then they will probably release the final height

·
Banned
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Diamond tower?
I dont think the planned office tower on the lot has a name yet.
From what I remember it is supposed to be 28 floors (but don't quote me on that).
There are also 2 more residential towers (Mazlawi) u/c on the lot as well (at the far end of the pit).
I also heard Azorim was thinking of going back to a one tower plan with 90 floors but its probably decided on 60

·
Registered
26 Posts
1 : There's only one place in Tel aviv (area) in which building a 90+ stories tower would contribute positively to the urban fabric; it's Tel aviv 2000 ! they should consider starting to develop that area as soon as they do some progress in the North CBD as a second phase of the metropolitan center.

2: The Ayalon must be roofed to get a healthy continuous urban fabric. if gush dan will include 2 million people in a few years they should work on having at least 1 KM radius continuous dense city center.

** the midtown of tel aviv is not whats being built right now along that strip north of Azrieli .. no it's what I've mentioned above and that's whats going to happen withing the next 20 years!

1 - 20 of 408 Posts