1 - 20 of 343 Posts

·
Prince of Persia
1,928 Posts
good piccas nice quality :)

·
Great Ape Project
4,480 Posts
Great pics! Very urban, but still very romantic.
I love this one looking like a small garden in the wood of towers (you can find such small gardens in Chinese cities; if it were a small bridge over whispering brook insteed of pavement, you'd have an exact copy of it :) ).

·
IsraCanadian :)
1,357 Posts
Awesome pics, thanks :)
And I agree with NorthPole, that pic is one my favourites.

I have a question, do the many pics of Tel Aviv have a large overlap with Ramat Gan, or is it very safe to separate the two? I know that the cluster of skyscrapers of the Diamond Exchange is visible many many times in pics of Tel Aviv, but I guess it is only seen in the skyline.

·
6,874 Posts
TheCat said:

I have a question, do the many pics of Tel Aviv have a large overlap with Ramat Gan, or is it very safe to separate the two? I know that the cluster of skyscrapers of the Diamond Exchange is visible many many times in pics of Tel Aviv, but I guess it is only seen in the skyline.

Its a road that seperates them and its very small. Tel Aviv is quite a small city..
i think its as big as say...Vaughan or something....

But yea...you can see the cluster difference in Toronto with North York... on a bright day you can see the Sheppard-Finch Skyline and then see the Bay-King-Adelaine-Richmond one...and its 2 cities apart..
not to mention Davisville-St Claire area having a few skyscrapers but having a huge ditch cutting them and making it look like they are 10 floors :D

·
Banned
9 Posts
TheCat said:

the seperation of the cities is done by the ayalon highway and is quite artificial for people who come from big metros of 1 million up, its an artificial seperation between ramat gan, bnei brak, givatayim, tel aviv and petach tikva. basically because they started as small villages and grew but nobody is willing to give up municipal status, so yeah, its basically one big city with 5 municipalities. most pics of ta will include the diamond skyline because its so close by, and when 1750 lot (yoo towers etc) in ta are completed it will make
a continous skyline with the diamond exch. towers in rg..

·
IsraCanadian :)
1,357 Posts
Heh, that's what I thought, I just wasn't sure whether the thread of Ramat Gan
pics could be classified as portraying a significantly different area from the TA
threads.

@Kappa21, I know, Toronto does have several skylines :) That's what some of
the TO forumers like to talk about. I spent the last two weeks in frequent
downtown walks, it's been a while. And I think area-wise Vaughan is probably
bigger than TA, although I'm not sure. But Vaughan doesn't have anything
exciting, except nice living premises. I live right on the border (Steeles) so it's
not a big deal for me.

·
6,874 Posts
TheCat said:
Heh, that's what I thought, I just wasn't sure whether the thread of Ramat Gan
pics could be classified as portraying a significantly different area from the TA
threads.

@Kappa21, I know, Toronto does have several skylines :) That's what some of
the TO forumers like to talk about. I spent the last two weeks in frequent
downtown walks, it's been a while. And I think area-wise Vaughan is probably
bigger than TA, although I'm not sure. But Vaughan doesn't have anything
exciting, except nice living premises. I live right on the border (Steeles) so it's
not a big deal for me.

Bathurst and steeles?
Vaughan is very well off..they have the districts and its nice..
kinda reminds me of Holon, cause Holon is cut into Krayots and there is one small area of farming. That area is Kleinburg. Kleinburg cheap house stats only at 650,000 and it goes beyond...

But if you want skyline..go for the one Wonderland one ;)

·
6,874 Posts
i dont want to say it in english...but i think you know what i mean....
hopefully they wont hit it... you know ...

1 - 20 of 343 Posts