SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 3365 Posts

·
killed by kindness
6,326 Posts
Thanks Neelabh for creating this thread .

We will cover all types of upcoming , ongoing and completed projects in this thread .

And also all types of development activities .

·
killed by kindness
6,326 Posts
Good news :)

JSW steel gets green nod for Rs. 35000 crore Jharkhand plant

JSW steel has received the environmental clearance for setting up an integrated steel unit and captive power plant in Jharkhand with an investment of Rs. 35000 crore .

As per the proposal , the company will set up a 10 million tonnes per annum ( MTPA ) capacity integrated steel unit and a 900 MW captive power plant as well as township spread across over 3800 acres in seven villages near Sonahatu block in Ranchi district . :cheers:

News link :-

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/indl-goods/svs/steel/jsw-steel-gets-green-nod-for-rs-35000-crore-jharkhand-plant/articleshow/52923152.cms?from=mdr

·
killed by kindness
6,326 Posts
Amity University Ranchi

Amity university is now functional in Ranchi .

Its temporary campus is in a building near overbridge .

Looks like this in night

·
killed by kindness
6,326 Posts
Upcoming multiplexes

1. PVR - 4 screens --- Ranchi Square mall

2. INOX - 4 screens --- Infinity Sapphire
Square mall

3. 1 screen ---- City mall

4. 2 - screens --- R Ali Magnum mall

5. 1 - screen ---- Sujata picture palace

Names of the multiplexes that will be in city mall and magnum mall are still unknown

Existing

1. Glitz cinemas ( Carnival ) --- 3 - screens

2. Fun cinemas ( Cinepolis ) --- 3 - screens

3. SRS cinemas --- 3 - screens

4. Popcorn cinemas --- 2 - screens

5. Eyelex --- 2 - screens

6. Plaza cinema --- 1- screen

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Upcoming multiplexes

1. PVR - 4 screens --- Ranchi Square mall

2. INOX - 4 screens --- Infinity Sapphire
Square mall

3. 1 screen ---- City mall

4. 2 - screens --- R Ali Magnum mall

5. 3 - screens ---- Sujata picture palace

Names of the multiplexes that will be in city mall and magnum mall are still unknown

Existing

1. Glitz cinemas ( Carnival ) --- 3 - screens

2. Fun cinemas ( Cinepolis ) --- 3 - screens

3. SRS cinemas --- 3 - screens

4. Popcorn cinemas --- 2 - screens

5. Eyelex --- 2 - screens

6. Plaza cinema --- 1- screen

:banana::banana::banana: Whoa ... Ranchi is getting splurged with Multiplexes and malls it seems .. Honestly I never realized that a city of this size could sustain so many multiplexes ..Tells about the volume of disposable income and demand for lifestyle products ..A sign of robust economy.

·
killed by kindness
6,326 Posts
:banana::banana::banana: Whoa ... Ranchi is getting splurged with Multiplexes and malls it seems .. Honestly I never realized that a city of this size could sustain so many multiplexes ..Tells about the volume of disposable income and demand for lifestyle products ..A sign of robust economy.

Rising population , expansion of city , rise in living standard , change in lifestyle , growing nightlife etc. may be responsible factors .

But now I am waiting for the day when some mainstream IT firms will start functioning here .

·
Registered
188 Posts
HI,

First of all many thanks to Sameer and Vishal and Neelabh for doing such a wonderful work. I do see that there is madness in building highrise in Ranchi, which is benefiting only builders.
I was in Ranchi in January and traffic was horrible. I remember, during my childhood, when I would go to main road or Ketchury chowk or Firayalal. Traffic was very light and I could enjoy my ride with nice cool weather.
Everyday around 2:30 - 3PM, when we would come out of school, it used to rain and make the climate really pleasant.

I guess, what we need to do is to invest in infrastructure i.e. pothole free roads, with footpath (footpath should be equal in size as that of road).
Boost public transport. Not the ones which are currently plying in Ranchi. It should be mixture of low platform busses, and metro.
Regulate that cab/taxi.
Ban Auto and Rikshaw. Job loss there could be moved to the new arrangement of transport system.
Create big parks. Now the small ones. It serve no purpose.
Create green zones.
Public toilets.

And most importantly, make such a massive drainage system and water supply system, that it sustains for atleast 50-60 years.

Whatever I say looks good in paper and is very difficult to implement in practical, but atleast there should be a will to do this, but sadly I see only multiplex and big apartment coming up, which will add problems only.
Instead of Mall, I would prefer shopping streets like 'oxford street' in London.

I would say if not a foreign city, then atleast follow the model of Mysore.

Last but not the least - Ranchi is one of the dirtiest city I would say. Clean Ranchi should be in the top agenda.

·
killed by kindness
6,326 Posts
Vishal , have you read any news relating to construction of 3 more parking bays at Birsa Munda Airport ?

BMA is lacking international status only because of runway length . Presently its approx. 9000 ft , for international status it should be 10000 - 12000 ft .

BMA sprawls over 1568 acres of land , for further extending runway by 1500 ft it needs 400 acres more .
Almost 1.5 years back I heard from one of my friends that new government is acquiring land for expansion of airport and huge compensations ( in crores ) being paid to the land owners . But don't know why the work is on hold .

Also the airport director is saying that work of new ATC tower cum technical block will be completed by 31st of August . How can it be possible ? I think they need atleast one year more for the same . Completion of building and then installation of various advanced machines , gadgets etc. will require much time .

The problem I personally feel is the height of tower , its not so tall . ATC towers at big airports in India or in other countries have high end . May be its because air traffic controllers there have to look on multiple runways as if airport is big , they have to handle so many flights .

But considering the expansion of runway and traffic growth in future , BMA should also have a tall ATC tower .

Zoom In airways also planning to start operation from Ranchi to Kolkata . Hoping they should do it soon .

And a new development is the land acquisition process for Deoghar airport will be completed by this september . The construction will start as soon as the land finally alloted to AAI .

·
killed by kindness
6,326 Posts
HI,

First of all many thanks to Sameer and Vishal and Neelabh for doing such a wonderful work. I do see that there is madness in building highrise in Ranchi, which is benefiting only builders.
I was in Ranchi in January and traffic was horrible. I remember, during my childhood, when I would go to main road or Ketchury chowk or Firayalal. Traffic was very light and I could enjoy my ride with nice cool weather.
Everyday around 2:30 - 3PM, when we would come out of school, it used to rain and make the climate really pleasant.

I guess, what we need to do is to invest in infrastructure i.e. pothole free roads, with footpath (footpath should be equal in size as that of road).
Boost public transport. Not the ones which are currently plying in Ranchi. It should be mixture of low platform busses, and metro.
Regulate that cab/taxi.
Ban Auto and Rikshaw. Job loss there could be moved to the new arrangement of transport system.
Create big parks. Now the small ones. It serve no purpose.
Create green zones.
Public toilets.

And most importantly, make such a massive drainage system and water supply system, that it sustains for atleast 50-60 years.

Whatever I say looks good in paper and is very difficult to implement in practical, but atleast there should be a will to do this, but sadly I see only multiplex and big apartment coming up, which will add problems only.
Instead of Mall, I would prefer shopping streets like 'oxford street' in London.

I would say if not a foreign city, then atleast follow the model of Mysore.

Last but not the least - Ranchi is one of the dirtiest city I would say. Clean Ranchi should be in the top agenda.

You welcome bro.

Yeah I know there are many issues in Ranchi like traffic , cleanliness etc. Constructing several flyovers is foremost necessity .

But if you visit Ranchi now you will find a radical change , RMC is doing its best to keep the city clean .

·
Registered
188 Posts
When the new BJP goverment came to power, they started this road widening project of harmu bypass road. Now in that process, they disconnected bsnl phone line. Now at my home, phone/internet is not there from past 1 year.
However I do appreciate the effort the government is taking to build our highways.

However Sameer, I would like to differ on your flyover view. I would not like flyovers all over Ranchi. Probably the overbridge like thing would suffice over railway tracks. Other than that we just need to manage traffic. More flyovers, will lead to more cars on road and we will shift the congestion from one point to another.

Another thing I think can change the course of Jharkhand, if this government somehow manages to bring big IT companies in the city. They don;t need big land, but are money spinsters.

Also I heard that government is creating lakes (water catchment area) in all over Jharkhand. Are they doing it in Ranchi also?

·
killed by kindness
6,326 Posts
When the new BJP goverment came to power, they started this road widening project of harmu bypass road. Now in that process, they disconnected bsnl phone line. Now at my home, phone/internet is not there from past 1 year.
However I do appreciate the effort the government is taking to build our highways.

However Sameer, I would like to differ on your flyover view. I would not like flyovers all over Ranchi. Probably the overbridge like thing would suffice over railway tracks. Other than that we just need to manage traffic. More flyovers, will lead to more cars on road and we will shift the congestion from one point to another.

Another thing I think can change the course of Jharkhand, if this government somehow manages to bring big IT companies in the city. They don;t need big land, but are money spinsters.

Also I heard that government is creating lakes (water catchment area) in all over Jharkhand. Are they doing it in Ranchi also?

But brother government is going to start work on two new flyovers

1. From kutchery to piska more via ratu road--- 3.5 km ( to be built by NHAI at a cost of 500 crores as ratu road is a stretch of national highway )

2. From Paramhansa - Yoganand path popularly know as old H B road to booty more road passing over kantatoli square . It will be of approx. 1 km . Traffic from lalpur and Kamil bulke path to Namkum will flow from below .

Land acquisition for another flyover from new market just beside back side of Raj bhawan to harmu river bridge via kishoreganj chowk is in process . It will be cross ratu road flyover .

Do you know constructing a single flyover is really an arduous task in Ranchi . kadru , Dibdih and Namkum flyovers were built after facing so many hurdles .

Government also sidelined the idea of making 2 flyovers in M G road and one in lalpur because of headache in land acquisition even the DPR was prepared much earlier . One PIL is also in High court on this .

STPI ( Software and Technology parks of India ) is already functional in Ranchi . Government is building a new software park over a land of 400 acres . When it will be ready , comapnies can start their operation . Especially Wipro , Infosys , Cognizant , TCS etc. should come up .

TCS is functional in Jamshedpur .

To deal with the problem of water scarcity goverment is creating reservoirs everywhere.
Ranchi has already many ponds and dams , Renocation work of all these going on .

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes, I heard of these three flyover. I guess this idea was there from past quite some time. Probably 10 years.
So any reason to believe that the project will kick off soon?

TCS is functional in Jamshedpur, but it is just a hanging office. No major project is running from there.

STP in Ranchi is insignificant. Probably total revenue would less than a small IT company in Bangalore.

But not to sound pessimist, I would still see hope to see state growing in IT.
Infosys has purchased land near Patna, but project never kicked off.
I hope the same is not that case with Ranchi, especially when none of the IT company has bought / purchased any land in Jharkhand.

·
killed by kindness
6,326 Posts

I was talking about this , look at the height of ATC tower . I think its just 30 - 35 meters only . I was expecting it to be 60 - 70 meters .

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes, 30-35 is small. Delhi has around 110m. But their traffic is high. With 2-3 flights daily, I think this should be enough. I guess, in 30-40 years, if Ranchi really gets those multinational industry like Bangalore. Then I hope we would require terminal 3 and new ATC tower.

·
killed by kindness
6,326 Posts
Yes, I heard of these three flyover. I guess this idea was there from past quite some time. Probably 10 years.
So any reason to believe that the project will kick off soon?

TCS is functional in Jamshedpur, but it is just a hanging office. No major project is running from there.

STP in Ranchi is insignificant. Probably total revenue would less than a small IT company in Bangalore.

But not to sound pessimist, I would still see hope to see state growing in IT.
Infosys has purchased land near Patna, but project never kicked off.
I hope the same is not that case with Ranchi, especially when none of the IT company has bought / purchased any land in Jharkhand.

Buddy these are really going to be built . Earlier governments had only thought of ratu road and kantatoli flyovers . But this government is very serious over this and their DPR is ready and the same on harmu by - pass road is recently proposed . Ok I will post photos from construction site here later on .

You can find several small IT firms which are now functional out of STPI in Ranchi because of lack of space there . TCS has back office service in Ranchi too . Recently I read in an article about the volume of Software exports and Business Process Outsourcing from Jharkhand .

Government is developing new software park . So companies don't have to invest on purchasing land . If they want to have their own separate and private office , then its another matter . BTW government has also chosen some ready made locations which are currently useless where companies can start operation if they need in just a few days like old judicial academy campus in front of existing office of IIM Ranchi , administrative block of mega sports complex in hotwar etc.

IT companies are willing to come here . Jharkhand government received investment proposals from many in this sector in Make In India week held in Mumbai march - 2016 .

Do you know about Greater Ranchi project and upcoming smart city in HEC ? I think new software park is also coming up in that area .

·
killed by kindness
6,326 Posts
Yes, 30-35 is small. Delhi has around 110m. But their traffic is high. With 2-3 flights daily, I think this should be enough. I guess, in 30-40 years, if Ranchi really gets those multinational industry like Bangalore. Then I hope we would require terminal 3 and new ATC tower.

No brother its 12 - 15 flghts daily now from Birsa Munda Airport to Bangalore , Mumbai , Delhi , Kolkata and many other cities . 15 years back BMA used to have 2 - 3 flights .

IGI has around 90 - 95 meters I think .

1 - 20 of 3365 Posts