SkyscraperCity banner

3301 - 3320 of 3365 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
This is bound to happen when too many illiterates are part of the government. We will get what we deserve. Hope there is some sanity in the leadership this time. Hemant Soren isn't too bad, but unfortunately his team sucks big time.

A good leader is useless without a good team.

·
killed by kindness
6,326 Posts
^^^^ Hemant Soren himself is everything in the government all other ministers are just his stooges , they are just for the name sake only. But as a chief minister he is highly incompetent , I know what he did for 1.5 years earlier . Now I heard that they planning to halt the construction of 15000 crore Adani power plant project in godda and start inquiry about land acquisition and compensation distribution. WTF

Hemant Soren has promised 5 lakhs government job to locals. I think half of their earnings will go in giving salaries.

By the way Babulal marandi is merging his party in BJP. So the next leader from safron party would be him only.

·
killed by kindness
6,326 Posts
JMM will **** Jharkhand hard and we go back to lalten era i.e. Lalu era. We cannot develop without foreign money pouring in. But I think we deserve this as we are the ones who voted for this beautiful government of Soren.
:):):) Lalten era. Forget the foreign money I doubt even the government's own money will be spent or not. Because the ruling alliance is a bunch of looters . Every party wants it's own share. This has happened earlier also.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
One of these, which is the Piska Lodhma loop line was originally proposed by me through the chairman of JRDC - Jharkhand Rail Development Committee that I am a member of. I designed this proposal back in 2013, which is also when it was sent to the Railway Board. Finally seeing the light of the day...yaay I am also working on the New Ranchi Railway station between Argora and Piska.

·
killed by kindness
6,326 Posts
^^ really . What is JRDC , a private firm or government body. You are working in Los Angeles right . By the way thanks for your efforts.

·
Registered
74 Posts
This group is becoming dead, not because members are inactive but I feel that there's nothing new to post. A year or two ago we were all excited about new commercial and infrastructural projects, but now nothing seems to move, all the ambitious infrastructure projects are in a Limbo, dream of a metro rail is far fetched, flyovers jumbled up, smart roads in limbo, smart city projects are now doubtful, the commercial projects lie as as they were 2 years ago, nothing new has moved to the table. It doesn't feel exciting anymore, even the IPL experience has been seized from our city, there is still some hope left with railways and busways but nothing very significant, Ranchi's growth as a prospective metro is declining, no IT park ever came up, momentum Jharkhand ended up being a sham and finally the final nail in the coffin for Ranchi's urban development was this new government, members here may agree or not, but the prospects few years back are now totally gone.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nobody here can tell what happened to the ISBT,Harmu Road flyover, Inner ring road, convention center, urban civic tower, planned 5 star hotels, urban haat, amusement park near New capital, international flights, railway station second approach, campuses of universities and the list goes on.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Nobody here can tell what happened to the ISBT,Harmu Road flyover, Inner ring road, convention center, urban civic tower, planned 5 star hotels, urban haat, amusement park near New capital, international flights, railway station second approach, campuses of universities and the list goes on.
The CUJ is ready for inauguration by the President , there's a news article about it today and about the unfinished work before this ceremony.

The land acquisition for Harmu Road flyover and elevated road is complete and a new design has been sanctioned.

·
Registered
188 Posts
This group is becoming dead, not because members are inactive but I feel that there's nothing new to post. A year or two ago we were all excited about new commercial and infrastructural projects, but now nothing seems to move, all the ambitious infrastructure projects are in a Limbo, dream of a metro rail is far fetched, flyovers jumbled up, smart roads in limbo, smart city projects are now doubtful, the commercial projects lie as as they were 2 years ago, nothing new has moved to the table. It doesn't feel exciting anymore, even the IPL experience has been seized from our city, there is still some hope left with railways and busways but nothing very significant, Ranchi's growth as a prospective metro is declining, no IT park ever came up, momentum Jharkhand ended up being a sham and finally the final nail in the coffin for Ranchi's urban development was this new government, members here may agree or not, but the prospects few years back are now totally gone.
I think we ourselves are responsible for this debacle. I fail to understand why people still fall back to JMM. Identity politics prevails over development. And that is the reason why people who can bring the change are no more living in Jharkhand. Bihari and Jharkhand workers are busy in nation building in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore etc. Modi could have done it via Raghubir, but again people saw those measures as anti tribal.

Anyways, I really feel bad every time I go to Ranchi and see that the city has gone from worse to worst in the name of 'Capital city'. It has taken away that hill station and natural beauty image of Ranchi and introduced traffic jam, pollution, etc.

Anyways, Hemanth Soren, being an alumni of BIT, I would expect him to work towards getting big projects like HEC, setting up infrastructure like metro in Ranchi at least and building more and efficient roadways, more engineering and medical college and setting up IT cluster. STPI in Namkon is way too tiny or is like a joke in the name of IT.

Last year during Diwali when I was in India, I visited, Mumbai, Ranchi, Varanasi and Delhi. I was so happy to see metro work progress in Mumbai and I was overwhelmed when I ride Delhi Metro. But Ranchi and Varanasi has disappointed me big time.

But anyways that is what I wanted. Probably people of Jharkhand has something different in mind.

·
killed by kindness
6,326 Posts
^^^^ Look metro rail is useless thing for Ranchi as of now, it will run in loss. You yourself will say it when you will see the number of people riding on it. Visit the recently built metro rails in comparatively bigger cities than Ranchi. Even in Chennai I have seen only a few people inside compartments. Delhi and Mumbai are densely populated cities that's why metro is so successful.

We don't need Symbolic development right now we require actual and fruitful development. Hefty amount of capital is needed for metro that we can use for fulfilling basic necessities like water supply , housing for homeless , roads , medical facilities etc. A large chunk of Jharkhand's population is still suffering from malnutrition , poors aren't getting enough food for survival.

Another thing is the expansion of urban centers , our major cities and towns are not growing as fast as similar cities in Gujarat , Maharashtra , Karnataka and other states.

Urbanisation is a big factor because it creates new opportunities of employment , before 1950s merely 40% of Brazil's population lived in cities but by the end of century 90% lived in urban and semi urban areas. Whole South America is coming at par with developed nations.

·
killed by kindness
6,326 Posts
Some of the projects are still running like Urban hatt ( 50% complete) , South gate of Ranchi railway station already inaugurated a year ago, Civic tower , convention center are under construction.

5 flyovers are in pipeline but m their construction would start probably a year or two later.

ISBT , Transport nagar stuck in land hurdle.

And Hemant Soren has cancelled the tender of 1500 crore Secretariat complex in greater Ranchi citing lack of funds.

·
Registered
188 Posts
^^^^ Look metro rail is useless thing for Ranchi as of now, it will run in loss. You yourself will say it when you will see the number of people riding on it. Visit the recently built metro rails in comparatively bigger cities than Ranchi. Even in Chennai I have seen only a few people inside compartments. Delhi and Mumbai are densely populated cities that's why metro is so successful.

We don't need Symbolic development right now we require actual and fruitful development. Hefty amount of capital is needed for metro that we can use for fulfilling basic necessities like water supply , housing for homeless , roads , medical facilities etc. A large chunk of Jharkhand's population is still suffering from malnutrition , poors aren't getting enough food for survival.

Another thing is the expansion of urban centers , our major cities and towns are not growing as fast as similar cities in Gujarat , Maharashtra , Karnataka and other states.

Urbanisation is a big factor because it creates new opportunities of employment , before 1950s merely 40% of Brazil's population lived in cities but by the end of century 90% lived in urban and semi urban areas. Whole South America is coming at par with developed nations.
I agree with you on most of the point that you have made, however in my opinion basic infrastructure comes automatically with big investments. Example SAIL, Mecon, HEC. I spent 16 years of my life living in Mecon colony only to realize the real plight of Bihar when I moved to Harmu. Anyways, what I mean is that focusing on basic infra is must and should, but that will not generate revenue or bring big ticket investment. For that we need special focus even if that requires government to take loan , special package or one time grant from center. I'm not too particular about Metro, but the local commute system in Jharkhand is still non existant and this actually reflects how our state is fairing against those mentioned by you.

It is not that I'm big fan of BJP. During initial tenure of Babulal Marandi and Arjun Munda, nothing changed much. However I did see hope in Raghubir as he did took initiative to build roads, park, water supply system etc within the colonies. I can only vouch for Harmu, Ranchi as I have seen the things changing. Not sure about rest of the Jharkhand. Sorry for my limited exposure. Also his overall vision to bring big investments were good although none relaized.

Just for food for thought, if we take one time grant from center to build metro with no expectation of any return from the investment and build just one line covering Kanke, Kutchery, Firayalal, Lalpur, Khadgara, Railway station, Doranda, Airport, Hatia and HEC, I think we should generate enough revenue to cover operaitons cost. And who know in future it might starte giving return as well like the classic case of Kolkata Metro.

·
killed by kindness
6,326 Posts
^^^^ See I am not saying that big investments are not required but what type of big investments. I appreciate Adani's power SEZ in Jharkhand , it will bring livelihood to people and they are building resdential township also. Such kind of industrial investments are always welcome. HEC , SAIL , MECON are public companies but yeah they are still among modern settlements in Ranchi. Bokaro is getting a few big investments too.

As per new regulation of metro rails one third needs to be there with central and state governments who should invest nearly half of the capital. Now any firm would first analyse the profitability before putting in their money. Because of insufficient load factor Ranchi metro would find it difficult to maintain it's operational expenditure. This has been already reported in news as according to surveys by experts.

I also liked Raghubar das because he was trying to bring foreign and national investment to Jharkhand. Even he was successful in textile , garments, small scale IT and food processing sectors. Now I see works of most infrastructural projects are either on hold or stopped since Hemant Soren took over. He is diverting money towards free schemes.

Next is the land , he won't let the corporates to acquire land easily. I also read that this government will revert all the reforms and changes done by raghubar das relating to land acquisition , economy , administration etc.

·
killed by kindness
6,326 Posts

Money held up, contractors cry
Umbrella organisation seeks Hemant help

By Vijay Deo Jha in Ranchi

Published 13.02.20, 12:47 AM Updated 13.02.20, 12:47 AM

A delegation of the Jharkhand Rajya Samvedak Sangh on Wednesday sought an appointment with the chief minister to apprise him of their angst (Wikipedia)
Contractors in the state are restless and frustrated after the Hemant Soren government stopped all payments against civic work across Jharkhand citing an empty treasury and anomalies in awarding contracts and payments by the previous government.

A delegation of the Jharkhand Rajya Samvedak Sangh, which with more than 700 members is one of the biggest organisations of contractors in the state, on Wednesday sought an appointment with the chief minister to apprise him of their angst.

“The chief minister was not available at his office but we have requested officials of the CM secretariat to fix an appointment with the CM for five minutes. We want to request him to look into our problems,” said Ajay Raj Singh, president of the outfit.

He said that payments to contractors have been stopped for the last three months.

“Payment of contractors across Jharkhand worth over Rs 2,000 crore have been stopped and we have been facing problems for the past three months. This is the situation of every department. We were said that payments have been stopped on technical grounds because the government has ordered an inquiry into tenders and payments approved during previous governments because such cases have come to light where contractors were paid without doing any work and in some cases payments were made without any approval,” said Singh.

One of the contractors, who requested anonymity, said that he had been running from pillar to the post to get Rs 80 lakh for work he had done.

“I was awarded contracts for three construction works. I completed one project for which payment has not been made. I have stopped construction work of the rest of the projects because the government is neither clearing previous bills nor making any advance payment. I had borrowed money from the market and I am under pressure to return the money. Not only contractors but labourers are also suffering,” said the contractor.
Full article --

https://www.telegraphindia.com/amp/states/jharkhand/money-held-up-contractors-cry/cid/1744609

·
killed by kindness
6,326 Posts
I found little details of three new upcoming flyovers.

स्मार्ट रोड और फ्लाईओवर पर मार्किंग लगाकर होगा काम, पेड़ काटने पर रोक

Dainik Bhaskar

Nov 13, 2019, 07:33 PM IST

यह होगी फ्लाईओवर की खासियत

1.इसमें लालपुर फ्लाईओवर 1855 मीटर लंबा होगा। कचहरी चौक से 50 मीटर आगे से डांगरा टोली चौक से 60 मीटर पहले तक इस फ्लाईओवर का निर्माण होगा।

2.इसी तरह अरगोड़ा फ्लाईओवर 700 मीटर लंबा होगा। दीनदयाल चौक से 70 मीटर आगे से सेटेलाइट नाला के 60 मीटर तक बनेगा।

3.करमटोली फ्लाईओवर लोकायुक्त कार्यालय से मिशन हॉस्पिटल तक बनेगा। इसकी लंबाई 975 मीटर होगी।
Source:-.

https://www-bhaskar-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.bhaskar.com/amp/jharkhand/ranchi/news/smart-road-and-flyover-will-work-by-marking-ban-on-cutting-of-trees-01686311.html

3301 - 3320 of 3365 Posts