Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some random pictures of Columbia here that I took this past weekend.

Columbia's newest tower, First Citizens bank headquarters. It officially opened this past Monday:

Convention center area:

The building addresses the street well for a convention center IMO (it is SC's only downtown convention center):

The terrace behind the convention center:

Construction pics of the new 8-story, 225-room Hilton convention center hotel and the adjacent Pendleton Street parking garage.

And just for reference, here are the renderings of what the hotel and parking garage will look like upon completion:

The mill towers of Olympia and Granby mills in the distance:

The Colonial Center, SC's largest arena (seats 18K) and home of the Gamecocks basketball teams; that nasty parking lot in the foreground will be taken care of soon enough:

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I have already stated my opinion of Columbia, so let me thank you for your wonderful photos and encourage you to continue giving us photo tours of your city. Nice to see new projects coming along :eek:kay:

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
it's great to see the progress on the Hilton. nice pics, too.

-

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Erm, what do you mean by that? Greenville has plenty to be proud of.

·
The Creative 1
842 Posts
Nice photos, krazeeboi! Good to see the progress taking place there.

Columbia take out its little brother Greenville by a land side IMHO.
While Columbia has plenty of great things happening these days, Greenville is - in my opinion - a much more comfortable and beautiful place to live, not to mention the amount of top-notch developments happening here as well. If you could explain your reasoning, erm1981, I'm sure I'd understand what you meant.:)

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not really. Both cities are doing some things right and quickly learning from mistakes in other instances (and sometimes not, sadly). Columbia's got an advantage in the skyline department, while Greenville excels in providing a much more continuous ground-level urban experience. Both will some come to make gains in the areas in which they lack soon enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts